What are my rights over buying furniture

refuse to accept delivery/dont accept delivery? surely they cant charge you for something you havent got, maybe they would consider charging a "cancellation fee" at leats that way you could maybe arrange to pay it off at a time you could afford? CAB is definately youre best option x

Been to a well known furniture company and purchased a sofa on finance, this was 6 days ago, but due to big change in circumstances i cant go ahead with the sofa, wat are my rights to cancel this order, i have paid no money.

It does state on the form orders can not be cancelled.

Any advice would be greatly recived

I'd go down and see the manager in person and explain your change of circumstances with your best sad person face. As you signed at their place you have no cooling off period, even if it is on finance, so your best bet is appeal to their good nature as they won't have started manufacturing the sofa yet. If that doesn't work then I probably point out how they haven't incurred any costs, that you can't afford to make the payments etc and you'll be writing to the Star's action desk to complain about them. If all they are bothered about is the sale then the threat of bad publicity might get them to budge.

Good luck :)

Archived