The Deep Submarium in Hull

I took my family there two years ago, when my girls will have been 3 and 1.

We all thoroughly enjoyed it despite it being quite expensive. But it kept the kids entertained and was easy to get to and away from.

I wouldn't hesitate in going again. Just ensure it's not during the school holidays!

Originally posted by valentine

We are thinking of going to The Deep in Hull at the weekend and wondered if anyone else had been and what they thought of it.

I've not been myself, Valentine, but my sister and her partner took their little girl a few weeks ago, and they all absolutely loved it! Had a fantastic afternoon there - I think they said they actually went through it 3 times. I gather there was quite a fascination with the sharks!

Funnily enough, they bumped into a nursery classmate of my niece (she recognised him!), who was there visiting the Submarium with his parents! - sounds like it's one of those must-see places for families to visit.

What I'm trying to say is - my sister fully recommends it! :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

I went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

I'd go along with the try and avoid the school holiday thing as it was a nightmare to try and get to any of the smaller tanks let alone take some time looking at things.

People also aren't that keen if you push children out of the way to play on things (joking!!!!), but it is like that, when I went it was 4 deep at the tanks and queues for viewing bits.

Didn't spoil the day that much though and they've added stuff since my visit

• 4 years later...
Been three times, twice with an adult and once with schoolchildren.

All times were enjoyable. I like big fish. Plus I like Hull.

It's a fair walk from the train station but doable and easy enough to find.

did you go on the train? If so how much was it and does the train stop at meadowhall?

we went this week (Friday) with an 11 & 9 year old - they loved it and so did we. Cost £30 I think to get in, but if you complete some form when you are there your next visit is 'donation' only.

We were in there for ages - really quiet too, no difficulty seeing anything.

Archived