The Deep Submarium in Hull

we went this week (Friday) with an 11 & 9 year old - they loved it and so did we. Cost £30 I think to get in, but if you complete some form when you are there your next visit is 'donation' only.

We were in there for ages - really quiet too, no difficulty seeing anything.

Sorry I meant how much is the train fare, got tickets for the Deep off internet.

It's very similar to the Sea Life Centres, its main difference/selling point is the lift. On balance, I think that the underwater tubes at the Sea Life Centres are better than the lift. In the lift you are only there for a minute or so, including the period that the lift stops. Also, you have to queue for the lift. In contrast, you can walk through the sea life tubes as fast or slow as you wish, and just stop and stare as long as you want.

As mentioned above, its best to pre-book the Deep on line. We did so and could just walk in, whereas others had to queue.

Also, I'd suggest a walk up by the river (Hull, not Humber) - cross the river over the footbridge from the car park, and walk close to the river up towards the town. This brings you to a couple of museums. From memory, one is the Wilberforce Museum, and one is a local museum. I may have got that wrong, or it may have changed, as its years since I went. We tried to go to them earlier this year when we visited the Deep, but unfortunately it was Bank Holiday and they were shut - quite a surprise to be honest, as most places try to entice tourists, to see these shut.

So we had a walk around the Marina, followed by a drive out to Fort Paull.

Archived