HMV Closes 60 Stores

I love HMV AND Record Collector. Both eat an unhealthy amount of my earnings (as do HMV online, Amazon and Play to be fair). AND I miss Fopp, Andy's Records and Our Price/Virgin (not Zavvi though, that was rubbish).

It'd be a sad day if there were no record shops (sorry, music retailers) around, particularly as most places aren't lucky enough to have a Record Collector. I would much rather buy music from a music retailer (chain or independent) than a supermarket.

I love HMV AND Record Collector. Both eat an unhealthy amount of my earnings (as do HMV online, Amazon and Play to be fair). AND I miss Fopp, Andy's Records and Our Price/Virgin (not Zavvi though, that was rubbish).

It'd be a sad day if there were no record shops (sorry, music retailers) around, particularly as most places aren't lucky enough to have a Record Collector. I would much rather buy music from a music retailer (chain or independent) than a supermarket.

Miss

Fopp? Tch not its predecesser warp/fon?

I think HMV sealed their own fate with their high pricing policies in the 80’s.

I remember when CD’s came to the fore HMV raised the price of vinyl and audio tapes to ridiculous levels, so they were only slightly cheaper than CD’s.

I also remember non-chart CD’s being £15-£17 at around the time when online sales became popular.

People get used to shopping elsewhere hence the decline.

Archived