HMV Closes 60 Stores

the hippy shop that was just down from henrys and the road with the wap on, on the other side of the road, used to have loads of leather jackets hung up outside

I remember now, no that was a different place Mel. Impulse was at the top of Cambridge St. God nearly 30 years ago!

Things don't look good for HMV and the retail trade in general. The answer lays with the buying public. Without knowing the cost prices of what HMV stock, I do know that stock costs money so all of the less popular items which sit on the shelves for extended periods need to create more profit to cover their costs. Therefore this increases their selling prices.

Similarly for HMV to be in major town centres and shopping malls they have to pay huge rents and rates which all bump up their costs.

I wouldn't like to see the demise of the high street but equally I don't want to pay too much of a premium to shop there.

Good luck HMV you will need it.

Archived