Jaw pain - Doctor or dentist?

Is the pain in the area near your teeth or at the point of the hinge of the jaw?

If it's in the hinge of your jaw then that's most likely to be a GP thing as it's likely that you've damaged the ligaments or muscles which operate the jaw in one of the possible ways. If you've got any misalignment there, which is quite common amongst the young because your connective tissue is still soft, then addressing that misalignment and resting the jaw by only eating soft food for a couple of weeks should be helpful.

Sorry medusa I'm going to disagree with you because I have been suffering from the same problem. If its what I think richyhello has, then richyhello is suffering from "Jaw Joint Dysfunction". I have the same problem and my GP prescribed pain killers. When I went to the dentist, the made me a teeth guard that I have to wear at night and during the day time. Good luck either way

Archived