Ok, who has the flu?

Could we please have this insight in english, just asked as it could be the magic cure for the common cold.

If only we could understand you?

I think he has a blocked nose and thats why he sounds like that :hihi:

I know so many people who have been too ill to eat christmas dinner this year, and it's not just in Sheffield either, i've got friends in Rochdale who have it as well.

I personally have had a horrible cold since before christmas but its nothing crippling.

I've had a cold and cough for about 3 weeks, I'm hoping it runs its course in 5 like last year.

Not had a cold or cough for years before last year.

Its not flu as I can get out of bed but I am a bit wheezy.

Swine flu has been downgraded to seasonal flu, so not sure if you went for a jab this year it should have been a swine flu jab.

Its the time of year for bugs, we go to enclosed spaces with lots of people doing christmas shopping etc.

Meeting up with 1 ill family member who shares our same dodgy dna and that's enough to infect most of the family.

I finally gave in and went to the doctor last night after nearly 4 weeks of the damn thing(and the fact my ventolin ran out :hihi:)

This is one gift that just keeps on giving....just when you think you are on the mend it hits you again.

Thankfully for the first time since Christms i can breathe :hihi:

Not as many as think they have...

I agree. :) My friend, daughter, d-i-l, and grandson have all had the cold/cough same as peter_19_73. All felt really rubbish but managed to eat their Christmas dinner! Its taken a good 2-3 of weeks to clear up in all those cases but it wasn't flu.

Another friend genuinely has had the flu. He's a big, strong bloke, but literally couldn't move for a few days. Christmas has passed him by this year. :(

I got Flu a few years ago, started boxing day night and I lost 2 weeks of my life, I can't even remember going to the loo in that 2 weeks! It took me 6 weeks to get over it all together. This year I've not had the sniffles let alone flu

I've had flu since last friday I phoned the emergency doctors on sunday has i felt that ill, gave all my symtoms and he says its the flu carry on doing what you are doing theres nothing else i can say unless you have diabetes, pregnant or heart problems.

I still feel rubbish constant cough with nothing coming up, still going hot and cold etc etc etc.

Been taking paracetamol 4 times a day, drinking fresh lemon drinks, tomato soup, hot cups of tea, breathing in steam, and taking beechams inbetween the paracetamol.

Anyone got any good tips to get the stuff up off my chest?

I started being ill xmas eve,cold/hot/shaking/violent headache/cough blah blah,after 6 days no better not eating and feeling really really vile,course of antibiotics and a reaction to them,oops so more antibiotics and needing my inhalers more.Now on course of steroids,still feel bit minging and very tired but hopefully big boy steroids will kick in.

I was in bed for a week and didnt wash my hair it was yakky

Archived