What would a totally islamic world be like?

Big upside: Islam favorizes the wider society as opposed to the individual.

The family laws for example are made to protect the family structure. For example the first "maternity payment" has been founded by the Caliph Omar whee the government was allocating money for mothers willing to nurse for 2 years.

The fact that women are not forced to earn their bread and are looked after ensures a more balanced society where the men have to step up to the mark and provide for their families. In an islamic state, you would not find the Jeremy Kyle like guys who get up at 12 and smoke weed.

Intoxicating substances are not allowed, which would make people living in it free from any harmful substance, and therefore crimes will definitely go down.

Also, the various punishments for offences are a real deterrent, so again, crime rates wouldn't be as high as in our society.

The modesty laws for both men and women are of great benefit to a society where the normal course of life would be like it probably was 100 years ago in western countries, get educated, get a job, get married, have children, raise them and retire.

That's just some points I have on the top of my head. So basically, a clean society free from sexualized objectified men and women, free from drugs and alcohol, free from laziness...

The family laws for example are made to protect the family structure. For example the first "maternity payment" has been founded by the Caliph Omar whee the government was allocating money for mothers willing to nurse for 2 years.

The fact that women are not forced to earn their bread and are looked after ensures a more balanced society where the men have to step up to the mark and provide for their families. In an islamic state, you would not find the Jeremy Kyle like guys who get up at 12 and smoke weed.

Intoxicating substances are not allowed, which would make people living in it free from any harmful substance, and therefore crimes will definitely go down.

Also, the various punishments for offences are a real deterrent, so again, crime rates wouldn't be as high as in our society.

The modesty laws for both men and women are of great benefit to a society where the normal course of life would be like it probably was 100 years ago in western countries, get educated, get a job, get married, have children, raise them and retire.

That's just some points I have on the top of my head. So basically, a clean society free from sexualized objectified men and women, free from drugs and alcohol, free from laziness...

Sounds boring.

That post has more holes in than Swiss Cheese.

Which particular flavour of Islam is being discussed? There are probably as many sects as there are in the christian world.

If there were only one religion in the world, and that religion was not riven by factionalism, then dictators and the beneficiaries of terrorism, such as armament manufacturers, would have to find another excuse for people to hate each other.

Sounds boring.

That's precisely why no one wants that. They couldn't resist a drink at the pub and being able to make have a naked woman as wallpaper, and women love to be sexualized by men, actually they compete for that attention.

So yes, sure, a clean society is scarrrryyyyy.

At this moment in time, what is closest to ideal society for me would be the values of Amish people. Only that they are too strict on technology, as there is nothing wrong to use our brains to make this world better and easier to live in.

That post has more holes in than Swiss Cheese.

Instead of making a bold statement, discuss your point of view. I have noticed on this forum majority of people don't think too hard, just put a general fact or sentence, and job done...

So much for me who always tried to elaborate my answers with examples. English not being my first language either.

I would expect a bit more intellectual input from my fellow forumers.;)

That's precisely why no one wants that. They couldn't resist a drink at the pub and being able to make have a naked woman as wallpaper, and women love to be sexualized by men, actually they compete for that attention.

So yes, sure, a clean society is scarrrryyyyy.

At this moment in time, what is closest to ideal society for me would be the values of Amish people. Only that they are too strict on technology, as there is nothing wrong to use our brains to make this world better and easier to live in.

Is it the Amish that have sex rituals in the barn? Phwooor.. I'll have some-a-that.

Instead of making a bold statement, discuss your point of view. I have noticed on this forum majority of people don't think too hard, just put a general fact or sentence, and job done...

So much for me who always tried to elaborate my answers with examples. English not being my first language either.

I would expect a bit more intellectual input from my fellow forumers.;)

That's a bit much seeing as your previous post which mj.scuba was commenting upon is nothing but one completely unsubstantiated "bold statement" piled upon another.

Contrary to what you seem to imagine an 'elaborate' unsubstantiated assertion is still unsubstantiated. As mj.scuba pointed out a post consisting of nothing but unsubstantiated assertions, no matter how elaborate those assertions are, is 'full of holes'.

Archived