Human organs, buy one get one free.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1344367/Government-consider-legalising-sale-human-organs-say-surgeons.html

We should consider legalising the trade in human organs...

This is a bit of a worry. Did anybody watch the film 'Repomen' that came out last year?

It could be good for the economy, but throws up allsorts of moral implications.

Say you run someone over, do you get the money for their organs? They don't really need it do they. Perhaps it could cover your legal fees and jail time for manslaughter? Perhaps pay off the debts of the deceased. A cash sum for their family.

Non smokers could be executed to provide fresh lungs for people like myself. Muslims slaughtered for their livers on behalf of Carlsberg in order to keep customers drinking for longer, I can see the advert now, 'If Carlsberg did Liver transplants......."

Inheritance tax? capital gains, VAT etc. what should be applied.

Would the meat be wasted or fed to the pigs?

What do you think about legalising the sale of human organs?

With private health, some people might be willing [and able] to pay for organs.

I think that's ok if the deceased person's family benefits, or if someone wants to donate a 'spare' kidney for extra income [well, it's their choice].

You'd never get bits off a Muslim, as the religions infers that heaven can only be achieved if you have all your bits. I can't understand how suicide bombers could get into a heaven if that's 'a fact'.

Yes - legalise it. Tax free please.

Whatever next?

Countries where you are paid to donate blood, tend to have less of a blood shortage than we do. Frankly, I'm surprised to hear of anyone considering making it legal to sell organs, before I started hearing about the possibility of selling blood.

I'm far from convinced that either of them is a good idea.

Archived