A1 NVQ Assessor help

Hi folks has anyone completed this course? my work have put me forward for it but to be honest dont really know the ins and outs as dont know anyone to have completed it. would appreciate if someone could let me know exactly whats involved.

cheers in advance

Hi,

Yes, I completed this course last year.

Basically, it enables you to assess anyone completing an NVQ in something in which you are competent.

What you basically have to do is compile a folder, providing evidence that you have done certain things with your candidates.

For example, you will need a minimum of two candidates to observe / assess to pass your course.

You will need to meet with them about once a month and give them feedback on how they are progressing with their NVQ, whilst using some of their work to show that you have given constructive feedback etc - such as a question and answer session.

It's fairly easy to do (although can depend on how stressful your job is) and I would say, may require approx 1-6 hours of your time per week during the course - base that on 3 hours max per candidate.

If your employers are willing to pay for you to do the course, then I'd go for it if I was you - extra qualification / better yourself and all that.

Archived