Blue moon cafe bar

boxcar84

I went in there today for the first time. It was not what I expected. There were chairs strewn all over the place and any vacant ones were covered in bags and coats by selfish people queuing. When I did get a table, I had to clear it myself.

Why doesn't it open at night? You know, like a proper restaurant.

I've been in about three times and I quite liked it but I don't think they really want to encourage customers very much, it's not very friendly or welcoming. It could be a really good place. But it's not.

Going to Blue moon cafe bar later tonight in town.

Can anybody tell me about what kind of food there do? prices? layout? anything really.

Never been there before.

Cheers.

Its excellent. During the day youre lucky if you can get a seat.:)

Why doesn't it open at night? You know, like a proper restaurant.

I've been in about three times and I quite liked it but I don't think they really want to encourage customers very much, it's not very friendly or welcoming. It could be a really good place. But it's not.

it did open till about eight pm for the "pre theatre" crowd...

Got to say the restaurant is fab, and the owners are lovely, and the food is just ace!

Blue Moon Cafe is a really nice venue. I like to meet my veggie/vegan friends there. It does get very busy at lunchtimes & tables do get bagged before meals are collected. The owners are lovely people & I cant say I've had any experience of miserable staff serving me. The only problem I have is the food! Not that there is anything wrong with it.....it all is delicious & fresh, but every time I eat there, after about 30 mins of eating I feel unwell!! This never happens to any of my friends who eat there regularly. So I have come to the conclusion that they must cook with a certain ingredient that I have a reaction to. So for me....I can only ever have a drink and a cake. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

The only problem I have is the food! Not that there is anything wrong with it.....it all is delicious & fresh, but every time I eat there, after about 30 mins of eating I feel unwell!! This never happens to any of my friends who eat there regularly. So I have come to the conclusion that they must cook with a certain ingredient that I have a reaction to. So for me....I can only ever have a drink and a cake. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I've never had a problem with Blue Moon but I know exactly what you mean. I have the same trouble with eating out at Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants. No matter what I choose, no matter how spicy or bland, no matter if I drink just water or lassi I'm inevitably violently ill afterwards.

I used to love going out for a curry but am no longer able. I can make them at home no problem, so like you there is probably some ingredient tucked away somewhere that triggers a reaction.

I've never had a problem with Blue Moon but I know exactly what you mean. I have the same trouble with eating out at Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants. No matter what I choose, no matter how spicy or bland, no matter if I drink just water or lassi I'm inevitably violently ill afterwards.

I used to love going out for a curry but am no longer able. I can make them at home no problem, so like you there is probably some ingredient tucked away somewhere that triggers a reaction.

..........and I am the same if I eat at one of Richard Smiths places - really enjoy it at the time bit 2 hours later :gag:

I suspect it is an oil they use there - did call to ask what it was and got a rather rude "were not telling you" answer!

Archived