VAT on fuel - are we being ripped off?

Done that :)

ooo no, way too expensive

I did a lot of walking to and from work when the snow was on the ground, no other option really. I thoroughly enjoyed it saved a bunch of cash and felt much fitter for my efforts, so much so that I am still doing it on a daily basis. Yahoorahah!

I did a lot of walking to and from work when the snow was on the ground, no other option really. I thoroughly enjoyed it saved a bunch of cash and felt much fitter for my efforts, so much so that I am still doing it on a daily basis. Yahoorahah!

I did do that with my snow shovel. I can't see how i can do that with lawnmowers, hedgetrimmers, chainsaws etc. It won't work will it?

I did do that with my snow shovel. I can't see how i can do that with lawnmowers, hedgetrimmers, chainsaws etc. It won't work will it?

Yes of course you can! take a look back through history, look at how man has overcome distance and obstacles to build such structures as the pyramids without the use of a diesel engine. Failing that, you could always buy a trailer for your bike. The mindset of the age we live in is the only thing that is holding you back andygardener.

Yes of course you can! take a look back through history, look at how man has overcome distance and obstacles to build such structures as the pyramids without the use of a diesel engine. Failing that, you could always buy a trailer for your bike. The mindset of the age we live in is the only thing that is holding you back andygardener.

Really?

In 1900 there were 1.8 Billion people in the world. Not because they were all practising contraception, nor because half of them were gay.

They were breeding like rabbits and dying like flies.

Along came 'modern society' with advances in health care, advances in medicine and advances in food production. Many of which were directly attributable to the advances in transportation brought about by the use and development of fossil fuels.

Take away the ability to move people, goods (and food) around the world and see what happens to the mortality rate.

The 'going rate' for an ambulance response in South Yorkshire is 8 minutes.

How fast is your horse?

Hospitals require electricity.

Where are you going to get it from?

They also need doctors and nurses on site.

Are they going to be expected to live there?

We could indeed go back to 'the good old days'. Perhaps we will.

Grave diggers managed with manual shovels. I'm sure they could do that again, too.

I don't think i'm being overly "politically correct" in objecting to your suggestion that I run my business hauling my power tools from place to place using jewish slaves as the people who built the pyramids did.

I'm all for inovative ideas but back to the drawing board on that one I think.

I don't think i'm being overly "politically correct" in objecting to your suggestion that I run my business hauling my power tools from place to place using jewish slaves as the people who built the pyramids did.

Oh dear oh lord, nobody is suggesting that either.

Points for the first post that says:

"Do you want us to live in caves !!!!11111eleven"

Alternatives to the car exist. Germany has the same level of car ownership as us and a much higher walking and cycling rates. Cycling in Berlin is wonderful, proper cycle lanes and respect from drivers, instead of knuckle-dragging morons wibbling on about "road tax".

Why are some people so intent on dragging us back into the dark ages to save a few CO2 immisions ?

compared to the USA and china , what this country pumps into the air is nothing.

If some people want to go back to the middle ages and use cycle power and horses , thats their choice , but i will stick to my car thank you . :thumbsup:

Oh dear oh lord, nobody is suggesting that either.

Points for the first post that says:

"Do you want us to live in caves !!!!11111eleven"

Alternatives to the car exist. Germany has the same level of car ownership as us and a much higher walking and cycling rates. Cycling in Berlin is wonderful, proper cycle lanes and respect from drivers, instead of knuckle-dragging morons wibbling on about "road tax".

Actually manofstrad did suggest the egyptian slavers was a solutiion, so yes, someone is suggesting it, the person i was responding to.

I'm all for inovative ideas but back to the drawing board on that one I think.

You really must pay them in this day and age Sir. Still think the bike trailer would be cheaper though.

Archived