Antagonists on Sheffield Forum

Moderator Message.

Would you prefer the one liner type mod message? I try to be reasonable, so please don't quote forum rules to me, I'm perfectly familiar with them. Your quote from me is taken in isolation and does not convey the point I was making.

If you have a problem with this the please feel free to contact the helpdesk! ;)

Hang on, you cant be that familiar with them..:rolleyes:

c. Not be written entirely in bold;

That's a rule for users, because moderator warnings are posted in bold :)

Any other sniping you wish to do?

37. Your profile on the forum should:

b. Have a signature which does not contain more than three colours (including black.)

:huh:

Just checking, does this mean we have to have a signature.

Or should it say, not have a signature which contains more than three colours (including black.):)

:huh:

Just checking, does this mean we have to have a signature.

Or should it say, not have a signature which contains more than three colours (including black.):)

Mod Note:

It's an optional thing (otherwise there would be a default signature applied), and if you 'choose' to include a signature...it should not contain......etc

:) As I'm sure you are aware Mr S :)

That's a rule for users, because moderator warnings are posted in bold :)

Any other sniping you wish to do?

Not sniping, and really trying to be as lighthearted as possible, although that always falls flat on its face when you need to declare the fact beforehand, but does this mean that moderators are exempt from the requirement to write posts that are

factually accurate or which are [their] genuinely held opinions based on true facts

I have to say I'd never spotted that clause in the rules - it's a weird one doncha think?

Mod Note:

It's an optional thing (otherwise there would be a default signature applied), and if you 'choose' to include a signature...it should not contain......etc

:) As I'm sure you are aware Mr S :)

I assumed it was optional because everyone doesn’t have one and that it was just my way of reading things that gave the impression its compulsory. :)

14. You must only post contributions to the Website which are factually accurate or which are your genuinely held opinions based on true facts.[/b]

I have to say I'd never spotted that clause in the rules - it's a weird one doncha think?

I think those are thoroughly laudable aims for all posters to aspire to, but it's a clause that would result in massive numbers of bans and posts disappearing if it were rigourously enforced.

Archived