Antagonists on Sheffield Forum

• 2 years later...
The only answer I can give to this one is that if you've ever read a forum where everybody agrees and shares the same set of opinions it's deathly dull and boring, so disagreements are in some ways important for making a forum interesting and worth reading and participating in.

Of course, there's a difference between disagreement and deliberately winding someone up, so the easy answer is that if you see posts which you think are just set out to provoke without being a real opinion then please use the report function to ask the mod team to visit and don't post on the thread, as that will just make extra work for the mod team.

I agree, sadly the report function doesn't work and antagonistic posts aren't removed when reported, this leads to arguments which derail the topic and increase the work load of the mods.

Before you start with the contortions of the English language you have favoured in other threads I respectfully suggest you read what you replied to Mr Smith. You do not agree.

You can't argue that the above post isn’t meant to antagonise.

Or that digging up a 2 year old thread isn't:?:

I do so wish that there was a "big wooden spoon" emoticon here on the forum.:thumbsup:

I agree, sadly the report function doesn't work

Yes it does.

and antagonistic posts aren't removed when reported,

Wrong again - they often are.

this leads to arguments which derail the topic and increase the work load of the mods.

You've defeated yourself by your own twisted logic there.

Yes, you can.

Or that digging up a 2 year old thread isn't:?:

I do so wish that there was a "big wooden spoon" emoticon here on the forum.:thumbsup:

I followed forum rules, I was creating a new topic and the forum suggested I added my comment here.

---------- Post added 24-02-2013 at 08:56 ----------

Yes it does.

How do you know that my report button works, have you seen the report?

I don't (usually) intend to be antagonistic but if somebody is posting something I disagree with, something ridiculous or that I find amusing -such as a mispelling or typo that makes me laugh- then I will reply with what I'm thinking. It's not always PC or relevent to the OP's topic I apologise retrospectively and prospectively for any offence caused :)

Reporting a post doesn't always mean it will be removed. What it does is bring it to the attention of the mods, who decide the appropriate action to take - and occasionally that may mean no action. It doesn't mean the 'report post' facility isn't working.

---------- Post added 24-02-2013 at 10:39 ----------

Only a mod can know if my report function works, so if this goes off topic then it was caused by the person that claims my report button works when in actual fact it appears not to work, I was banned for responding to an antagonistic post, Admin told me to report antagonistic posts, yet when I do nothing happens. The responses to my posts on here have been antagonistic, even the mod was antagonistic, claiming I dragged up an old topic when in actual fact the forum made the suggestion that my new topic should be posted here.

Your post is off topic and antaganistic.

If you want to discuss moderation, and/or bans, please take the comments to the helpdesk. Otherwise someone will report them, and the mods will take the appropriate action.

I agree, sadly the report function doesn't work and antagonistic posts aren't removed when reported, this leads to arguments which derail the topic and increase the work load of the mods.

Your mere presence on a thread constitutes antagonism/conflict - "same but different".:hihi:

(The above isn't meant to antagonise btw):D

Reporting a post doesn't always mean it will be removed. What it does is bring it to the attention of the mods, who decide the appropriate action to take - and occasionally that may mean no action. It doesn't mean the 'report post' facility isn't working.

So if a post that I feel is antagonistic, personal and off topic isn’t removed when I report it, would that imply the mod doesn’t think its antagonistic personal and off topic, meaning I would then be justified in responding to it even if it derails the thread further.

Archived