Antagonists on Sheffield Forum

So if a post that I feel is antagonistic, personal and off topic isn’t removed when I report it, would that imply the mod doesn’t think its antagonistic personal and off topic, meaning I would then be justified in responding to it even if it derails the thread further.

that would appear to be the case

There will always be threads of certain types, if you your going to troll them with the intent of getting them closed then be aware another one will just pop up in it's place (just probably a bit worse, because of you!). Same with drugs, prostitutes, etc, they are all aspects of society and will always be there. So, if you've got nothing truly constructive to say...

I always believe that any one who posts '' Its about time this thread was closed" , has an ulteriour motive.

So if a post that I feel is antagonistic, personal and off topic isn’t removed when I report it, would that imply the mod doesn’t think its antagonistic personal and off topic, meaning I would then be justified in responding to it even if it derails the thread further.

I see many posts that imply you're another poster (maxmaximus) you never seem to reply to the implications other than you trying to have the post removed?, or is it a case of digging a deeper hole and implicating yourself even more so? Your credibility would stand the test of time if other posters were confident in who they were debating with. If members don't take you seriously why would a mod? considering they're members too.

I see many posts that imply you're another poster (maxmaximus) you never seem to reply to the implications other than you trying to have the post removed?,

I was banned for responding to antagonistic posts and told to use the report button. So now I use the report button but nothing happens and the antagonistic posts remain.

I was banned for responding to antagonistic posts and told to use the report button. So now I use the report button but nothing happens and the antagonistic posts remain.

Wrong again - you would have been banned for the manner in which you responded to the posts, not for responding to them.

(As an aside, there's little more tedious than people whining about being banned. Man up MrSmith.)

It's a matter of opinion whether a post is antagonistic, and as such two opinions are rarely the same. I think that the issue that you loosing sight of is that does it really matter what someone on the internet, who you'll never meet, thinks about you?

Archived