Right wingers are better looking..

according to this Finnish study, which I suspect has a general validity. There are, of course, some notable exceptions. For example, I don't feel the sap rising in my loins every time I catch a glimpse of Ann Widdecombe, nor do I seek to emulate the porcine visage of Eric Pickles, but on the whole I think the findings of this study are correct (and certainly true in my case, if I say so myself).

http://econpapers.repec.org/paper/hhsratioi/0161.htm

according to this Finnish study, which I suspect has a general validity. There are, of course, some notable exceptions. For example, I don't feel the sap rising in my loins every time I catch a glimpse of Ann Widdecombe, nor do I seek to emulate the porcine visage of Eric Pickles, but on the whole I think the findings of this study are correct (and certainly true in my case, if I say so myself).

If you slag off my Ann I shall be forced to ask you for satisfaction.

To a point I would agree but most right wingers I know do tend to put a lot of emphasis into their choice of partners...what you look like is more important than who you are unless who you are is status. When I say right wingers I don't mean those that have working class roots but lean to the rabid right with deluded aspirations. I wouldn't say the Conservative right were better looking to be honest..better groomed maybe and certainly not better educated considering their privileged lot.

Treatment----all I can say is that you 're treading on dangerous ground asking Lord Chaverly for satisfaction. Remember these aristocratic Right Wingers are capable of ANYTHING----as I know to my own mortification. [ Years ago I once asked Lord C. to ' give me a hand '.]

I just quoted the first sentence of the link.

There aren't any of our elected politicians that are good looking in any way, please correct me if I'm wrong. Most of them look like they've had a bad day on the set of a horror b movie.

Politicians in general are ugly people, trying to work out which ones are least ugly is a bit pointless.

I just quoted the first sentence of the link.

There aren't any of our elected politicians that are good looking in any way, please correct me if I'm wrong. Most of them look like they've had a bad day on the set of a horror b movie.

Politicians in general are ugly people, trying to work out which ones are least ugly is a bit pointless.

You have to go to the States if you want looks...left or right.

I think there may well be another factor at work here and that is the seemingly reverse, and indeed perverse, correlation between ideological affinity and perceptions of physical attractiveness.

In order words, if you share the political views of people you are more likely to find them physically attractive. Conversely, if you detest the political views of someone, you are likely to hate the sight of them. I must confess that I literally hate the sight of most Labour and Liberal politicians. Even a supposed Labourite hottie, such as Caroline Flint, does nothing for me. She might have looked good to me at first sight, but I now find her to be repulsive as the rest, something I attribute to hearing her spout the familiar robotic cliches of the brain-dead left, delivered in the seemingly obligatory monotone favoured by female Labour politicians.

Archived