What are my rights ..

Hi people!

Some time ago (june 2009) i purchased some italian bedroom furniture, i love the wardrobes etc, but iv had a couple of problems with the bed as it seems really to have a really flimsy frame, which i didnt realise at the time and which looks like its gna snap any minute!. Today i contacted the company who will send out a joiner to see what the problem is next week, I'd rather swap the bed to be honest, but incase i have to pay lots to get it fixed/swapped ... does anyone know what my rights are?

Many thanks!

Six months upwards

If your claim is about a problem that arises within six months of buying the product, it's up to the retailer to prove that the goods were fit for purpose – or 'as described' – when it sold them. It is also responsible for proving that the problem was caused by you (for example, because you had an accident with the item that damaged it). Beyond six months, it's up to you to prove that the problem was the retailer's.

So you may need to prove that the fault was not down to wear and tear or damage you caused, and that the product (or a component) should have lasted longer than it did. To do this you may need an expert's report, for example from an engineer or mechanic.

SOURCE

The joiner shouldn't cost you anything. As long as he doesn't feel he's been called out for nothing, although you should have been informed of this when they made the appointment.

Not sure they can charge you, perhaps it's all part of the service they provide to ensure the guarantee.

Archived