Sanity Saved by the Singularity

By 2025 games like The Sims (where you essentially create a second life) will become so interactively detailed that your character will be able to play their own Sims game on their in-game computer. The human player then helps their character to build their in-game character who would then be able to play the Sims in their own in-game world, build their own character who can then play the Sims in their own game world, requiring them to build THEIR own character to play Sims in THEIR in-game world.

And so on.

I pondered this for some time. But as I started to feel my brain quiver at the prospect of plunging through this dynamic indefinitely, I realised that if the gaming world is always considered an inferior quality representation of the real world, then somewhere down the line, as the quality of the in-game game deteriorates to represent this distinction between game and real world (which is what the game environment becomes for the character), the in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game character's game will simply be represented by a single pixel.

Saved from paradoxical oblivion by the singularity once again.

By 2025 games like The Sims (where you essentially create a second life) will become so interactively detailed that your character will be able to play their own Sims game on their in-game computer. The human player then helps their character to build their in-game character who would then be able to play the Sims in their own in-game world, build their own character who can then play the Sims in their own game world, requiring them to build THEIR own character to play Sims in THEIR in-game world.

And so on.

I pondered this for some time. But as I started to feel my brain quiver at the prospect of plunging through this dynamic indefinitely, I realised that if the gaming world is always considered an inferior quality representation of the real world, then somewhere down the line, as the quality of the in-game game deteriorates to represent this distinction between game and real world (which is what the game environment becomes for the character), the in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game in-game character's game will simply be represented by a single pixel.

Saved from paradoxical oblivion by the singularity once again.

Jeez! ... Here's me having a prob wilth 'Halo'! :gag::)

Archived