Why do some people on Sheffield Forum add Social Networking Links?

that all well and good but postin yer profile on a chat/city forum is still lame in my opinion its just sayin click me im open and want you to see my amazin profile.... sad and daft.

but it does you no harm directly, so why moan about it?

but it does you no harm directly' date=' so why moan about it?[/quote']

its a forum for chattin dont be so defensive im asking people why they do it and why it seems sad to me. discuss and stop being defensive, ill av no dummies being spat in my thred haha

that all well and good but postin yer profile on a chat/city forum is still lame in my opinion its just sayin click me im open and want you to see my amazin profile.... sad and daft.

To me it says "I need a bigger farmville allotment and maybe a few apple trees".

its a forum for chattin dont be so defensive im asking people why they do it and why it seems sad to me. discuss and stop being defensive, ill av no dummies being spat in my thred haha

hahahaha I've never spat a dummy out in my life, I'm one of the calmest people you would ever meet (if you ever met me) :) but I just cant resist being a little bit pedantic and saying, how can I be accused of being defensive when I dont personally sport the offending subject of the discussion?

so u dont care who looks at yer profile then? could be all type of weirdo playin that game and adding you for alterior motifs, pervin ect

Nope I don't care who looks at my profile at all, mainly because everybody has their place in my fb world.

For example if you tried to view my FB you'd see nothing much at all, maybe my profile pic (which isn't of me).

If you was in my alliance list (gamers), you'd only see things relating to the game you share my allegiance with (although I don't game anymore).

If you were close friends, you'd get some private info, but not everything.

If you were a family member, then you'd have access to the majority of stuff but not everything.

I'd have to be a real numpty to give private info access to random gamers.

I'm that meticulous about who see's what that I set permissions on all my posts, excluding those that it's not relevant to from those that it is.

What I love most of all is tormenting SF mods on facebook!

Theres quite a few on there and I can give `em hell and they can do NOTHING to me! :D

heh

Reeeaaaallly?

Personally, for me, Facebook is a good way of staying in touch with people. It's also good for organising nights out etc, one message to all rather than 15 phone calls or text messages, then having to try and sort out different dates - so ANOTHER load of phone calls/texts.

That said, the only people on here who know who I am on there are those I want to know - you wouldn't find a link in my signature.

Archived