Why do some people on Sheffield Forum add Social Networking Links?

I gotta stick my snout in here.

Most FB games are based around building up your alliances/mafias/armies/cults/guilds and so on and so forth.

Adding random people is part and parcel of playing these games, groups are created strictly for adding other gamers and gaining the benefits of doing so.

So for those that say adding random people is lame, they clearly have not explored facebook enough.

You can categorise your friends, so your family/friends etc can be lumped into one list.

Your armies can be lumped into others, you can even set permissions to allow certain groups access to certain personal info.

I didnt know that, I may have a bash at a few of these games if its possible to make them safe.

And its FACESBOOK! Jabbers` FACESBOOK! :D

I didnt know that, I may have a bash at a few of these games if its possible to make them safe.

And its FACESBOOK! Jabbers` FACESBOOK! :D

I'm displixic.

Get your permissions set up first, starting with personal info and photo's/videos.

Then create lists for each game you play, add your game friends to the relevant list, block those lists from seeing what you don't want them to see.

I have my facebook profile on here, and it's public. I don't mind who sees, to be honest. It's a good way of making friends. A lot of real life friends I have now (who I've actually met and chilled out with) I met through facebook.

It's a question of personal preference, really, rather than insulting everyone and saying "it's sad". Have you ever thought that some things you do may be defined as others as "sad" and "pathetic"?? I gues not.

If people add me, then I check their profile first before I go adding random strangers.

It doesn't harm you in the slightest, really, does it? So why complain about it. If it personally offended you, then I could understand why it would bother you so much, but all you seem to be doing in this topic is NOT putting your point of view across, but it is offending other users of the forum who may want to meet new people, and understand different cultures and things like that.

So why don't you come out of your bubble and understand that different people like different things, but just because they don't fit in with what you like and care about does NOT, I repeat, does NOT make them sad or pathetic or in ANY WAY less worthy than you.

Rant over. If you want to argue with me on my opinion, then I ask you kindly to do so over PM.

Why do they put there facbook profile link in there signatures, it like begging for friends if you ask me.. facebook is for your proper friends not internet friends. daft.

I hate people who do that, proper nerds.

I have my facebook profile on here, and it's public. I don't mind who sees, to be honest. It's a good way of making friends. A lot of real life friends I have now (who I've actually met and chilled out with) I met through facebook.

It's a question of personal preference, really, rather than insulting everyone and saying "it's sad". Have you ever thought that some things you do may be defined as others as "sad" and "pathetic"?? I gues not.

If people add me, then I check their profile first before I go adding random strangers.

It doesn't harm you in the slightest, really, does it? So why complain about it. If it personally offended you, then I could understand why it would bother you so much, but all you seem to be doing in this topic is NOT putting your point of view across, but it is offending other users of the forum who may want to meet new people, and understand different cultures and things like that.

So why don't you come out of your bubble and understand that different people like different things, but just because they don't fit in with what you like and care about does NOT, I repeat, does NOT make them sad or pathetic or in ANY WAY less worthy than you.

Rant over. If you want to argue with me on my opinion, then I ask you kindly to do so over PM.

no arguement, you missing the point, i appreciate your answer at least you have your reasons and opinion, i have mone all the same and stick by them. If you want everyone access toy your profile fair enough-i dont. thaks for post though more in depth than the rest :)

Archived