Were 1970's ladies nicer?

Ladies in the U.K. in the '70's tended to be raucous, fat, overly made-up, bossy and out-of-condition. They are the same in the 21st. century-----only more so. This is one of the reasons many of us ex-pats escaped to more pleasant climes.

Females in China and Malaysia tend to be charming, slim, helpful and fairly quietly spoken. If anyone doesn 't believe me ask any ex-pat [ male or female ! ] who has moved out East !

Many western men go to the far east because of the myth that Chinese and Malaysian men are hung like hamsters and thats what the women there are used to, so these western men feel right at home :hihi:

Steve Preist was the man (I think)

They just wanted out glam the rest they were actually the biggest party animals at the time nobody could live with them,hence the premature deaths of Brian Connelly and Mick Tucker..Listen to their later albums,Strung up,Desolation Boulevard they were actually a very good rock band

Steve Preist was the man (I think)

The Sweet were huge in California (can't speak for the rest of the US) when I was in middle school. I'm thinking 1972-74? This song brings back memories of school dances. :thumbsup:

I'm eternally glad that I came of age at the beginning of the 1960s. They were great times for a young man and it's not the sentimental ramblings of an old man.

Saturday nights I would dress up in a nice suit, tie, shirt clean shoes and head on down to the Palais. They had great bands, played all the rock and roll songs and you could actually dance, do the twist, whatever and the girl you picked to dance with wore a nice dress or a skirt and wasn't as drunk as a skunk. They didn't even use the F word either.

I haven't been to a night club in years but from what I know and heard all the kids do these days is stand still and wave their arms in the air.

Luckily, where I live it's still possible to enjoy a bit of dancing on Saturday nights. I haven't danced to rock and roll in decades but I learned how to line dance and the OH and I can enjoy an evening out at the big country and western dance hall near our home.

No one gets drunk or starts a fight. It's just a nice friendly place for young and old alike. The only problem though is that I had foot surgery and those pointy toed western boots you have to wear can sometimes be a drag. L.O.L

Many western men go to the far east because of the myth that Chinese and Malaysian men are hung like hamsters and thats what the women there are used to, so these western men feel right at home :hihi:

Really? - I thought they went there for 'a bit on the side'.

I was slow off the mark. - I didn't even know they'd moved it.:hihi:

• 3 months later...

Archived