Paying benefits for a maximum of 2 children - solve societys ills?

Does she not have to pay water, gas, electricity, TV license, phone, travel, food, school dinner money? Just because you get rent and council tax paid does'nt mean you're rolling in disposable income

Again, throwing it back at the man. He has 2 homes paid for by the taxpayer for free to provide for the family he has chosen to reject.

If he has a 3rd child, as mentioned earlier he is still only paying 40% of his net income to run 3 homes.

True, but if your not paying council tax and rent, then thats at least £450 a month you don't have to find.

If its a 3 bed home, with £500 a rent, and at least £100 in council tax, thats £600 that someone would have to find each month if they were in employment.

Agreed not rolling in it, but a huge help upwards.

But to qualify for full housing benefit you need to be on the lowest applicable amount which for a single person with 2 kids is 65.45 + 57.57 + 57.57 + 17.40 = £197.99 per week

and out of that you need to pay for everything, its really not a kings ransom

Again, throwing it back at the man. He has 2 homes paid for by the taxpayer for free to provide for the family he has chosen to reject.

If he has a 3rd child, as mentioned earlier he is still only paying 40% of his net income to run 3 homes.

but this isn't about what the parent is or isn't paying. this thread is about not paying benefit for more than 2 children. redirecting a missing fathers income is a totally different thread

My previous post, was a little joke at the various different posts on here digging at low income/benefit families. Yes, as a tax payer, it isn't a good situation for the country to be in.

However, many of the lone parent familes, especially the favourite stereotype that gets bashed on the forum do not lead a life of luxury at the expense of the taxpayer. Agreed, many of them have ended up in such situations through choice, but others have had a raw deal from the card deck of life.

But to qualify for full housing benefit you need to be on the lowest applicable amount which for a single person with 2 kids is 65.45 + 57.57 + 57.57 + 17.40 = £197.99 per week

and out of that you need to pay for everything, its really not a kings ransom

Just under £800 per a month? come on its not bad.

197.99 a week, or £236 a week before tax......... a working person on the minimum wage would need to work 39 hours a week to earn that, AND pay their council tax and rent to support themselves and their family

Just under £800 per a month? come on its not bad.

197.99 a week, or £236 a week before tax......... a working person on the minimum wage would need to work 39 hours a week to earn that, AND pay their council tax and rent to support themselves and their family

Its not good either to support yourself and 2 kids. However you would have people supporting 3 or more kids on that.

Interestingly £236 per week is about £6.29 per hour for a 37.5 hour week but £197.99 is only £5.28 per hour 37.5 hour working week. Would you work for that? Would you like to raise more than 2 kids and run a house on that?

I'm not saying increase benefits and i'm not saying that people on benefits shouldn't be grateful or appreciative of what they get but lets be fair its not a great deal either.

Also if a working person were on that and just that (lets pretend they don't get tax credits for whatever reason) they would qualify for housing and council tax benefit. Would you begrudge them that?

OK - lets throw it back onto the woman, its not a man bashing thread.

She has got 2 kids, a free 3 bed home all paid for by the taxpayer, so any money she has in benefits is pure spending money.

The 2 kids have a seperate bedroom each, and so does she.

If she has another child, then 2 of the kids have to share a bedroom and she has no extra money to provide for the 3rd.

Would this situation not force the woman to think about insisting on contraception if she chose to have sex?

You're assuming that the woman is irresponsible to begin with. Why, then, do you assume that you'll start being responsible now? It's far more likely that she'll have the third child anyway and then all three of them will grow up severely malnourished because she can't afford to buy food for them.

Its not good either to support yourself and 2 kids. However you would have people supporting 3 or more kids on that.

Interestingly £236 per week is about £6.29 per hour for a 37.5 hour week but £197.99 is only £5.28 per hour 37.5 hour working week. Would you work for that? Would you like to raise more than 2 kids and run a house on that?

I'm not saying increase benefits and i'm not saying that people on benefits shouldn't be grateful or appreciative of what they get but lets be fair its not a great deal either.

Also if a working person were on that and just that (lets pretend they don't get tax credits for whatever reason) they would qualify for housing and council tax benefit. Would you begrudge them that?

Yes, you are right, I was wrong with my sums - but does that not highlight the problem faced by someone in work, even with a wage of £6.29 per hour.

The issue is, you know how much money you have coming in, can you afford more children?

Also highlighted in your last paragraph - Do people qualify for free housing if they are in work, as I belived that once in a job you had to pay for everything yourself

Also highlighted in your last paragraph - Do people qualify for free housing if they are in work, as I belived that once in a job you had to pay for everything yourself
Absolutely they do. Working people can claim housing benefit and council tax benefit

Absolutely they do. Working people can claim housing benefit and council tax benefit

Seriously ???? you don't have to pay council tax if you are in work.

How do I go about this - could do with another £100 a month to spend on the family

Archived