Richmond Road Haulage .

cuttsie

Does anyone remember Richmond Road Haulage Services. who started from Richmond Road Garage in the 1940,s they later moved to the east end of Sheffield round about Wincobank end of Petre St area. The first proprietor was called George Sherwood, followed by his sons Ken and Ron and at there peak they ran about 70 lorries.

Does anyone remember Richmond Road Haulage Services. who started from Richmond Road Garage in the 1940,s they later moved to the east end of Sheffield round about Wincobank end of Petre St area. The first proprietor was called George Sherwood, followed by his sons Ken and Ron and at there peak they ran about 70 lorries.

Their premises used to be on the site of the old vicarage, next door to St.Thomas's church Grimesthorpe, near the corner of Upwell street and Holywell Road just off Rectory Terrace. Here is a picture of the site.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/RichmondRoadGarages.jpg

Their premises used to be on the site of the old vicarage, next door to St.Thomas's church Grimesthorpe, near the corner of Upwell street and Holywell Road just off Rectory Terrace. Here is a picture of the site.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/RichmondRoadGarages.jpg

Cheers Walt, anymore pictures.I am realy trying to get one of George Sherwood the original haulage man who died in the fifty;s