Rockers over 40 - dos and don'ts?

This thread was conceived after watching a Joe Elliot video...

... which got me thinking... about the contents of my wardrobe mainly...

When you reach that milestone, how do you stay true without looking like a sad git who should grow up?

What are you allowed to wear gracefully, and what makes you look bloody stupid?

Do you cut your hair and go part time? or do you manage to get away with it midweek too?

This thread was conceived after watching a Joe Elliot video...

... which got me thinking... about the contents of my wardrobe mainly...

When you reach that milestone, how do you stay true without looking like a sad git who should grow up?

What are you allowed to wear gracefully, and what makes you look bloody stupid?

Do you cut your hair and go part time? or do you manage to get away with it midweek too?

You need a nice linen suit and some loafers. :)

I gave my leather jacket away about five years ago. I'll be buried in my jeans though.

:hihi: I used to be quite alternatively dressed. It stopped when I hit my mid twenties as I have a job that requires me to be dressed in a certain way, so my hair went back to normal colours, the piercings were removed and my short skirts and boots went into the cuboard :hihi:

At first I used to 'go part time' but as I wear a suit all week I find it hard to dress really differently now, I find it werid to wear a slightly low cut top as I am so used to being all covered up and when I put on the make up I used to wear it feels all wrong as I wear very little all week. Since I got a dog I spend most of my time in fleeces and jeans :( not very glamorous really :hihi:

I've been going for a more 50's look when I go out as it is a little more glamorous and more covered up than the old rock stuff, but still a little quirky :)

:hihi: I used to be quite alternatively dressed. It stopped when I hit my mid twenties as I have a job that requires me to be dressed in a certain way, so my hair went back to normal colours, the piercings were removed and my short skirts and boots went into the cuboard :hihi:

At first I used to 'go part time' but as I wear a suit all week I find it hard to dress really differently now, I find it werid to wear a slightly low cut top as I am so used to being all covered up and when I put on the make up I used to wear it feels all wrong as I wear very little all week. Since I got a dog I spend most of my time in fleeces and jeans :( not very glamorous really :hihi:

I've been going for a more 50's look when I go out as it is a little more glamorous and more covered up than the old rock stuff, but still a little quirky :)

PS. There is nothing worse than seeing old rockers dressed in something the young ones are wearing in my opinion, however there are a lot of old rockers that manage to do it nicely and look great!

PS. There is nothing worse than seeing old rockers dressed in something the young ones are wearing in my opinion, however there are a lot of old rockers that manage to do it nicely and look great!

Actually i'm an old rocker and i dress in leather boots,leather trousers (padded)and a leather jacket,in summer i tend to wear a leather waistcoat with waistcoat chain fasteners over a denim shirt.....but only when out on the bike.....:hihi: :hihi:

Actually i'm an old rocker and i dress in leather boots,leather trousers (padded)and a leather jacket,in summer i tend to wear a leather waistcoat with waistcoat chain fasteners over a denim shirt.....but only when out on the bike.....:hihi: :hihi:
A man after my own heart.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You need a nice linen suit and some loafers. :)
I'm not sure my husband would agree ;)

I don't think I fancy a Cher portion of botox either though, so something needs to give

I'm also debating a burning of fleeces and trainers Evei! They're not as practical for dog ownership as we like to think. There can't possibly be anything less practical for NOT winding up wearing as much dog hair as your dog!... and wearing flat shoes has taken it's toll on what used to be a beautiful pair of legs :mad:

Archived