Do women mostly use Internet dating sites for attention?

well my list goes like this................

1. location, 15 miles max

2. age, 5 year either way is my limit

3. looks, got to find them at least decent looking

4. good compatable profile

5. smoking status (non Smoker)

6. profession....and not bothered if thats a brickie or a brain surgeon

7. wether got dependant children ( done all that )

8. drives

this is my list...if they meet all that then I would prob get in touch :)

biggest no no's..........long hair, beards (except goaties :D), bikers, rockers, keep fit freaks, posers, sports mad, smokers, got kids at home , men who insist of putting pics of their motorbikes, cars, guitars, fish etc :huh:

Anyone who insists that women or men are NOT interested in looks on a dating site are kidding themselves. If looks wasn't the deciding factor then why does every site put so much effort into making sure you have at least 2 or 3 pictures?

The profile description may well be a factor, as is the messages sent but they are factors after thinking "he/she isn't bad". If someone who you are totally not attracted to sends you a message the chances are you won't respond. How could a relationship work if one person isn't attracted to the other?

Anyone who insists that women or men are NOT interested in looks on a dating site are kidding themselves. If looks wasn't the deciding factor then why does every site put so much effort into making sure you have at least 2 or 3 pictures?

The profile description may well be a factor, as is the messages sent but they are factors after thinking "he/she isn't bad". If someone who you are totally not attracted to sends you a message the chances are you won't respond. How could a relationship work if one person isn't attracted to the other?

very true, but what I find attractive might not be everyones cup of tea...........it would be a sorry state of affairs if we all went for the same type

We tend to go for people on a similar level of looks to ourselves anyway

Why do men think money has anything at all to do with it?:huh:

The only thing related to money at all, would be some kind of ambition, I mean not content to sit on the dole for ever, without any get up and go. Couldn't really care less if they had money or not :confused:

Why do women always deny the fact that they can be bought like a commodity (doesnt apply to all women and may not be sex specific). C'mon there are hundreds, thousands of past middle aged wealthy men walking about with women that could give a man of my own tenderish years heart failure clothed off. Tell me Heather Mills what first attracted you to chubby middle aged billionare Paul McCartney?

well my list goes like this................

1. location, 15 miles max

2. age, 5 year either way is my limit

3. looks, got to find them at least decent looking

4. good compatable profile

5. smoking status (non Smoker)

6. profession....and not bothered if thats a brickie or a brain surgeon

7. wether got dependant children ( done all that )

8. drives

this is my list...if they meet all that then I would prob get in touch :)

biggest no no's..........long hair, beards (except goaties :D), bikers, rockers, keep fit freaks, posers, sports mad, smokers, got kids at home , men who insist of putting pics of their motorbikes, cars, guitars, fish etc :huh:

I suppose it depends what you are actually after. If you are looking for a long term partner your list will be different from those for one night of gratification.

So for a one night stand priorities are...

1 Photo. No piercings or tatoos, age about right and reasonably good looking, clean and smart.

2 Smoker. NO NO NO NO NO. I don't kiss ashtrays.

3 Religion. If they have one its a real off putter. I'm wanting a night out and a few drinks and require a bacon sandwich for my breakfast.

4 Distance. Not too far. They need to get here (in a car) and if we don't click I won't feel guilty about sending someone back to Plymouth at 11 pm.

Other factors like jobs, money etc would only be a factor if you intend to find a father for your kids.

I suppose it depends what you are actually after. If you are looking for a long term partner your list will be different from those for one night of gratification.

So for a one night stand priorities are...

1 Photo. No piercings or tatoos, age about right and reasonably good looking, clean and smart.

2 Smoker. NO NO NO NO NO. I don't kiss ashtrays.

3 Religion. If they have one its a real off putter. I'm wanting a night out and a few drinks and require a bacon sandwich for my breakfast.

4 Distance. Not too far. They need to get here (in a car) and if we don't click I won't feel guilty about sending someone back to Plymouth at 11 pm.

Other factors like jobs, money etc would only be a factor if you intend to find a father for your kids.

How refreshingly honest.

No-ones suggesting looks arent important. But there not as important as guys think.

I tend to think women are looking for a reason NOT to date then vice versa. So if you look OK, well groomed with a decent photo set (family orientated, holidays, activities, portrait pic) dont saying anything crass or stupid in the profile and come across as a respectable fella with a job i.e. not weird, then follow up with creative / interesting messages you will get success.

From a blokes perspective, I also think you need to switch it quickly to a date if you are interested rather than messaging each other constantly, 1) it gives the illusion you lead a busy life (even if you dont) 2) shes looking for signs, any signs that you are strange, because she will have talked to loads of weirdos on the site before you.

Dont give her a reason to turn you down (unless your a master wordsmith and can illicit attraction purely from the written word russell brand stylee!)

Get the digits quickly, organise a date, let nature take its course, its all good!

• 2 months later...

I've just joined a well known site and do find them odd places, I've equally found some of the women a bit strange, although I'm sure many won't be?

I think the main problems with dating websites is the same with any form of communicating via a computer, is that body language and tonality are impossible to emulate.

Archived