Do women mostly use Internet dating sites for attention?

Sorry to say it mate, but it looks like you should move onto the next one. I'm basing this on what you said in your initial post:

I gave her a bit of space she wanted before we agreed to meet

If she said she wanted space, it may mean you came on a little too strong, or said something that worried her. It's easy done; I've been known to do such things myself in person and got myself an undeserved reputation for a while, until said group got to know me a bit better and realised I just didn't have the best social skills and had come across wrong.

Arguably men use these sites more for looking for sex than women do for attention, so, boot on the other foot - how do you navigate through the minefied of predators out there?

If you're genuine, think twice before you type

Greetings ye old sheffielders, maybe it's wrong forum but i could do some advice regarding internet dating and how women use these things, one minute they're keen the next nothing.:huh:

I've been in contact with this women I really liked on a dating website, we exchanged many IM's and therefore presumed she was definitely interested, I gave her a bit of space she wanted before we agreed to meet and I now know she has read my last message from over a week ago but not responded, as the message stated it had been read and deleted, so should I follow it up or just presume she's like many other women who just love use dating websites because they love all the attention?

Maybe she's just really nervous? Or had 2nd thoughts? I tried internet dating before I met my lovely fiance. I had one terrible experience where I was almost assaulted sexually (but obviously it was my fault for giving out all the wrong signals). I even tried internet dating again and got talking to a lovely guy. He kept asking me to meet but in the end I felt there was too much pressure. To him he probably just thought he was being friendly, but it made me nervous.

I think you should send her another message, one which just asks how she is etc and if she doesn't reply then just find someone else.

I don't believe that the paying sites are worth it when there is at least 2 mentioned on this forum that are free. I don't think urls are allowed to be posted but just remember there is plenty of fish out there who but there faith in sites and just say okcupid find me someone.

URLs and links are allowed. Just thought I'd let you know with you being new to the site and all

Archived