Do women mostly use Internet dating sites for attention?

Greetings ye old sheffielders, maybe it's wrong forum but i could do some advice regarding internet dating and how women use these things, one minute they're keen the next nothing.:huh:

I've been in contact with this women I really liked on a dating website, we exchanged many IM's and therefore presumed she was definitely interested, I gave her a bit of space she wanted before we agreed to meet and I now know she has read my last message from over a week ago but not responded, as the message stated it had been read and deleted, so should I follow it up or just presume she's like many other women who just love use dating websites because they love all the attention?

Perhaps she saw your photo.

Why do men post threads like this. Are they just seeking attention?

Perhaps the ratio of men:women is weighted in favour of the women?

So therefore, I guess you have to have a good photo if you stand a chance of getting one of the women to notice you. Its shallow, I know.

Throw it back the other way, if you as a man had 30 potential women wanting to date you, would you read the profiles or would you simply look that the photo and make a judgement?

Perhaps thats the reason - you have a poor photo

A fact of life is that people are only interested in themselves, they don't give a flying toss what anyone else says or does. The most common word in any topic of discussion is, " I " so naturally people want attention. Personally, I stay away from such web sites because they tend to attract all kinds of nutters and social inadequates.

Greetings ye old sheffielders, maybe it's wrong forum but i could do some advice regarding internet dating and how women use these things, one minute they're keen the next nothing.:huh:

I've been in contact with this women I really liked on a dating website, we exchanged many IM's and therefore presumed she was definitely interested, I gave her a bit of space she wanted before we agreed to meet and I now know she has read my last message from over a week ago but not responded, as the message stated it had been read and deleted, so should I follow it up or just presume she's like many other women who just love use dating websites because they love all the attention?

Ha ha you are funny. Just because she doesn't want to meet you makes her an attention seeker? Sounds like she had a lucky escape :hihi:

A fact of life is that people are only interested in themselves, they don't give a flying toss what anyone else says or does. The most common word in any topic of discussion is, " I " so naturally people want attention. Personally, I stay away from such web sites because they tend to attract all kinds of nutters and social inadequates.

Ha ha you are funny. Sounds like you'd fit in well :P

When people are seeking a life partner of course they're only thinking about themselves, it isn't about being charitable to people who are unsuitable.

Archived