My car keeps juddering'?

Is your rev counter stable on about 800- 900 RPM or does it keep dropping below that? It could be something as simple as the idle air control valve needing adjusting or replace which would come in at less that £100 at a garage.

It could be many things though, without seeing it a ruling out a host of other things it's near on impossible to pin it down.

or it could be the early signs of the camshaft sensor on its way out, find every lead and plug on your engine and make sure they are all free from moisture using WD40 and also make sure they are pushed in hard, it could be as si,ple as a loose plug

Probably idle speed control valve. Could try cleaning it out with some carburettor cleaner might work. If it was doing it all the time i would suggest it might be one of the coils if it has individual coils per cylinder. Can't remember if the newer zetec engine has this set up, i know the older ones don't.

i had the same problem on mine ICV needs a clean or at worst replacing. Easy enough to do.

Clean it with Electrical Component cleaner about a fiver for a can from Halfrauds. Let it completely dry then re fit. You could also clean your MAF sensor and while you are there reset your ECU by disconnecting your battery for 30 mins. NOTE You will need your radio code and you will need to re train your electric windows if you have one touch opening.

Sounds like an insulation breakdown of the spark plug leads.

Suggest either taking out the spark plugs, cleaning them and resetting the gap and then trying out the car on idle with the old spark plug leads, OR, purchasing a new set of spark plugs along with a set of new leads.

Wife had same problem with her car whilst we were on holiday, being on holiday I didnt want to start messing about with the car so we took it the car to a dealership and I told them the problem we were having, I gave them my own diagnosis which was faulty plugs and leads, they checked it out on computer diagnostic - I was right, they fitted new ones

and now the car is fine.

i had the same problem on mine ICV needs a clean or at worst replacing. Easy enough to do.

Clean it with Electrical Component cleaner about a fiver for a can from Halfrauds. Let it completely dry then re fit. You could also clean your MAF sensor and while you are there reset your ECU by disconnecting your battery for 30 mins. NOTE You will need your radio code and you will need to re train your electric windows if you have one touch opening.

are Halfrauds the rip off department of Halfords?:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived