Straw criticised for abuse comments !

And he apologised and the muslims of Australia complained bitterly about his remarks.
And he apologised, no doubt he had his fingers crossed, mind you Mohamed did set a precident when he lied his way out of a sticky situation.

of course mainstream Islam arbores such things. the point is that the words of one nut tend to color a whole religion when, as with the example of the archbishop and the rabbi, each of the three has so many branches some might as well be different religions.
The point is that he meant what he said when he made a derogatory comment about Australian women and Jewish women.

This man isn't some Muslim nutter like Captain Hook he's a highly respected Muslim cleric whose views and preachings influence Muslims.

The point is that he meant what he said when he made a derogatory comment about Australian women and Jewish women.

This man isn't some Muslim nutter like Captain Hook he's a highly respected Muslim cleric whose views and preachings influence Muslims.[/QUOTE]

My Bold=

Guess what? I'm a muslim and i have never heard of him before reading this thread.

This man isn't some Muslim nutter like Captain Hook he's a highly respected Muslim cleric whose views and preachings influence Muslims.[/QUOTE]

My Bold=

Guess what? I'm a muslim and i have never heard of him before reading this thread.

Do you know of all the muslim clerics around the world?

Three things that have stood out to me aout all this is that:

1. Jack Straw could have worded his comments a bit better, less bluntly (from the soundbytes i heard anyway, that may just be media editing)

2. Two Pakistani blokes that were interviewed did nothing to represent Pakistani men in a good light by saying that white girls are partially to blame by how they dress (again, maybe made worse by media editing)

3. Regardless of how often you hear of asian gangs or white gangs or Eastern European gangs etc. grooming/abusing white girls, you never hear of them targeting asian girls, would this be a more valid point than just quoting statistics of the perpertrators rather than the victims?

This man isn't some Muslim nutter like Captain Hook he's a highly respected Muslim cleric whose views and preachings influence Muslims.

He didn't make any remarks about Jewish women.

Will you please stop making dishonest accusations about muslims.

Do you know of all the muslim clerics around the world?

you were the one claiming that this cleric influences muslims and i stated that i being a muslim have never heard of him.

The point i'm making totally flew over your head.

Um, you've just disproved your own argument bassman.

You claimed this obscure cleric was hugely influential and muslims hang on his every word, a muslim poster points out they've never heard of him, and you respond with a sarcastic remark.

Seriously, what is your problem with muslims that you have to resort to dragging up a five year old story from the other side of the world and then invent stuff the muslim cleric never even said?

Archived