Straw criticised for abuse comments !

Um, you've just disproved your own argument bassman.

You claimed this obscure cleric was hugely influential and muslims hang on his every word, a muslim poster points out they've never heard of him, and you respond with a sarcastic remark.

Seriously, what is your problem with muslims that you have to resort to dragging up a five year old story from the other side of the world and then invent stuff the muslim cleric never even said?

Obscure? He was the top Muslim cleric in Austrlia. He couldn't be any less obscure.

Kaimani is correct about being from a particular sect, he is of the Sunni variety.

Perhaps Mafya (as a Muslim I presume) didn't know of this Cleric, but then why would he, being in the UK? He would have had influence over Muslims in Australia though. It's only because he was exposed by the media that his fellow Muslims have had to distance themselves from his comments and condemn him for them, but had the media not exposed him, would they have exposed him themselves, and been equally as condemning?

I'm spindrift. I'm here to help point out to people when bassman posts lies about muslim people, delighted to meet you!

Do you like sponge?

I'l bet nearly everyone who hates Muslims doesn't even really know any(apart from Mohamad at work who's sound as a pound :roll:) to make a proper informed decision on Islam.

I reckon also that Muslim defenders, like you, dont know any either.

I'l bet nearly everyone who hates Muslims doesn't even really know any(apart from Mohamad at work who's sound as a pound :roll:) to make a proper informed decision on Islam.

Then you'd be wrong, about me at least, but thanks for your input.

Judging by some of the posts muslim haters make it is obvious they don't really know about muslims apart from the bull**** they read in the right wing tabloids.

The topic of this thread is Jack Straw and his comments about grooming of English girls by Muslim men. Stick to that please, or the thread will be closed.

Or maybe it was just a plain old lie that the defendants created to make them look like upstanding citizens? Not that observing a religion necessarily makes one individual any better than another.

I'm pretty open minded, I think everything every day but the fact is that the men were muslims, regardless if they go to church or not, and this seems to been diluted in the media probably to ease tensions - You can't go around stringing people up.

I'm pretty open minded, I think everything every day but the fact is that the men were muslims, regardless if they go to church or not, and this seems to been diluted in the media probably to ease tensions - You can't go around stringing people up.

Notionally they may be, but it's only worth mentioning if it had some relevance to the crime they committed, after all I'm sure we'd all wonder if the tabloids started describing every criminal that had ever been christened as a Christian.

The articles I read on the BBC website described them as 'Asians' not muslims, some people argue that it was not relevant to describe them as such because it was 'stereotyping'.

The issue I have is that some would prefer them not to be described as such for fear of upsetting 'Asians' and those who prefer the media etc to be 'politically correct' in which case it is bordering on censorship !

It is only natural to be descriptive, so why should people be subject to criticism for describing things as they see fit ?

Archived