Straw criticised for abuse comments !

Are you for real, can you read, your not making sense...as usual !

Oh I know what it is, you want an argument to get the thread closed don't ya :hihi:

So, when you said "the media" you meant just the BBC?

In which case, errr, you're still wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12140641

The string of convictions in cities such as Rotherham, Preston, Blackburn, Rochdale and now Derby have more often than not involved Asian men, specifically men of Pakistani origin, and mainly Muslim.

So, when you said "the media" you meant just the BBC?

In which case, errr, you're still wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12140641

The string of convictions in cities such as Rotherham, Preston, Blackburn, Rochdale and now Derby have more often than not involved Asian men, specifically men of Pakistani origin, and mainly Muslim.

So do you think it's OK for politicians or 'the media' to describe them as ''Asian', 'Pakistani' or 'Muslim' or do you think it is 'Stereotyping' like Mr Vaz and certain people on here who seem to be so sensitive to these issues eh ?

I would like to add at this point if people are described in 'the media' as 'White', 'English' or 'Christian', I do not have an issue with that, and don't know many, if any who have !

The point being though bf, is if they had, would they have been criticised for doing so ?

If they weren't eyebrows would at least be raised questioning the relevance, especially if it were a non white/Christian poster or media source who raised it.

The trouble is, because they've been falling over themselves not to offend one particular group (they won't use the M word), they've ended up causing offence to my other people that also fall into the same group (Asian).
It would be intersting to see how Asia is defined geographicly it could be said that Australia (Australasia) is Asian are Japanese Asian, Vietnam was described in a song as Asiatic (Ruby Don't Take Your Love To town).

To many people in this country Asian is the general term used when refering to those of Pakistani origin as a very high percentage of Asians in this country are from pakistan.

My bold= And pigs might fly.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong because, errrr, I'm not wrong, Michael is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-12140641

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindrift

Um, you've just disproved your own argument bassman.

You claimed this obscure cleric was hugely influential and muslims hang on his every word, a muslim poster points out they've never heard of him

Obscure? He was the top Muslim cleric in Austrlia. He couldn't be any less obscure.

Well spindrift we're waiting:roll:

I'm not admitting I'm wrong because, errrr, I'm not wrong, Michael is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-12140641

So are you saying that people should take into consideration the ethnicity of an area before thinking of moving there?

I think that the problems descibed by Jack Straw are part of a larger problem of attitudes of muslim men towards white women.

Twenty years ago, as a very young woman, I used to frequent some of the cheesier nightclubs that are no longer in existance.

On the dance floor my friends and I came to expect to get mauled and molested by groups of asian men. Everyone knew it was a problem in the clubs and it was most definitely a problem with asian men as opposed to any other group.

It felt like white women were seen as fair game and open season.

I don't know if these problems still exist, as I don't frequent theses kinds of places any more - but there definitely used to be an open disrespect for white women by large groups of asian men.

Archived