Straw criticised for abuse comments !

I think that the problems descibed by Jack Straw are part of a larger problem of attitudes of muslim men towards white women.

Twenty years ago, as a very young woman, I used to frequent some of the cheesier nightclubs that are no longer in existance.

On the dance floor my friends and I came to expect to get mauled and molested by groups of asian men. Everyone knew it was a problem in the clubs and it was most definitely a problem with asian men as opposed to any other group.

It felt like white women were seen as fair game and open season.

I don't know if these problems still exist, as I don't frequent theses kinds of places any more - but there definitely used to be an open disrespect for white women by large groups of asian men.

i recognize this. if me and my friends, all black, go out to mainstream clubs it does look like we're 'hunting'. the thing is, unless you go to a 'black' or 'Asian' club the majority of women there will be white, so it can seem like a 'pack' situation. i've seen the same when white people come to 'black' clubs. if they're guys people say they packs come for black girls. if they women, well, it's the same. the 'packs', Asian, black, white, etc are formed by the fact that people don't want to go to a place they'll be a minority on their own so they bring their friends.

transposing this onto gangs of pimps etc though is a whole nother thing i think.

i recognize this. if me and my friends, all black, go out to mainstream clubs it does look like we're 'hunting'. the thing is, unless you go to a 'black' or 'Asian' club the majority of women there will be white, so it can seem like a 'pack' situation.

That was my experience too, but from clubs in the late 70's. There were also 'packs' of white women who seemed afflicted with jungle fever and couldn't keep their paws off tight black bums..sadly mine was never one of them :cry::hihi:

i recognize this. if me and my friends, all black, go out to mainstream clubs it does look like we're 'hunting'. the thing is, unless you go to a 'black' or 'Asian' club the majority of women there will be white, so it can seem like a 'pack' situation. i've seen the same when white people come to 'black' clubs. if they're guys people say they packs come for black girls. if they women, well, it's the same. the 'packs', Asian, black, white, etc are formed by the fact that people don't want to go to a place they'll be a minority on their own so they bring their friends.

transposing this onto gangs of pimps etc though is a whole nother thing i think.

But these men actually touched us - sexual assault really - hands up skirts, down tops, boobs groped - I can remember one man putting his hand down the back of my skirt into my knickers, etc - I've never experienced this problem with other groups of men, but we came to expect it when we saw groups of asians on the dance flooor.

I'm talking about something different to a group of rowdy men out on the pull.

I think it does transpose, because I think it says something about how asian men view white women.

Unfortunately today's media is full of reports that another 9 men have been arrested for "grooming white girls" in Rochdale:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/852368-nine-men-quizzed-over-grooming-girls-claims

:(

..dont know whether to be sad in that more girls have been abused or happy as this proves it isnt a problem the police are reluctant to investigate.

I think that the problems descibed by Jack Straw are part of a larger problem of attitudes of muslim men towards white women.

Twenty years ago, as a very young woman, I used to frequent some of the cheesier nightclubs that are no longer in existance.

On the dance floor my friends and I came to expect to get mauled and molested by groups of asian men. Everyone knew it was a problem in the clubs and it was most definitely a problem with asian men as opposed to any other group.

It felt like white women were seen as fair game and open season.

I don't know if these problems still exist, as I don't frequent theses kinds of places any more - but there definitely used to be an open disrespect for white women by large groups of asian men.

You are correct and it does still happen.

Its not right Kaimani to say its because Asian men go places in packs so we are mistaken. Scoop and I are neither of us deluded nor rascist.. The fact is Asian men go to these sort of places places - mainstream nightclubs with cheap drinks and sticky floors and nasty toilets - 'meat markets' as they're known amongst my friends - expecting women of loose morals to be there and for it not to matter how they treat them. The white men do the same its just they refine their chat up lines as they know it'll get them further than random groping.

..these attitudes, where they exist, are an overhang from the navel gazing that many senior officers engaged in post MacPherson Report more than 10 years ago.

The police service has moved a long way since then, I dont know of any officers who have this attitude, since they know that an evidence based investigation following properly laid down procedures places them in a position where they cannot be legitimately criticised or censured-that's what they're paid to do.

Mr Gradwell, quoted in the Daily Mail article, is a retired superintendent, he refers to incidents dating back to 1979-believe me no police officer had any problem tackling crime committed by ethnic minorities then, in fact they were over zealous in doing so in many cases. What he's saying sounds more like an excuse for poor performance than any policy of not tackling crime committed by Asians specifically.

The police service he's left behind is a different animal as far as serving ethnic communities and dealing with their miscreants is concerned-the 9 arrestees and 2 recently sentenced would beg to differ with the former officer's view.

Archived