Straw criticised for abuse comments !

It seems that the media and the police have really decided to go for it now, re muslim paedos... Problem is, now we are allowed to have all this out in the open, it looks as though they have issues on a larger scale than the rest of us, rather than all the issues coming out within a few months of each other...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-12174823

There seams to be a fascination with pre pubescent boys in some islamic cultures

you might have a point. the fear and political PC might have meant that most thing were not reported. now that Pandora has opened her box it seems the situation is worse than i think it actually is. everything 'coming out' in such a short space of time creates the feeling Islam is 'under siege' which is understandable in many ways.

if it had all been reported openly i think people would have been more balanced by now. eg, the natural defense now is to say "the catholic church near enough invented pedophilia", which is not an unreasonable thing to say, but not in the defense of another pedophile. the strategy failed.

What I meant was the impression now is that islam 'should' be under seige - that the rest of us 'should' be watching muslim men for their deviant ways... Good God, I remember a time when you passed muslims in the street and didn't give them or their lifestyles a second thought - but after 9/11 it really did change and then the media pulled apart all the iffy parts of pakistani culture and laid it all out on a table for the rest of us, and told us it was manistream islam - murdering female relations and saying it was for 'honour', martial rape (even though that is only recently illegal in the UK) forced marriage, and now seemingly mass paedophila (although the imam thing was only ever a matter of time - in ten years that will be as open as RC priests in Ireland!) when in reality the paedo part will only be a minority problem, as it is in all other cultures... Not every adult wants to mess about with kids, but the ones who do are seriously miswired!

The RC church didn't invent paedophila though - that actually is a unreasonable thing to say... In fact, there are countries where you can get married before puberty, so it might be that it was such places who invented it? Such as certain states in the US?

What I meant was the impression now is that islam 'should' be under seige - that the rest of us 'should' be watching muslim men for their deviant ways... Good God, I remember a time when you passed muslims in the street and didn't give them or their lifestyles a second thought - but after 9/11 it really did change and then the media pulled apart all the iffy parts of pakistani culture and laid it all out on a table for the rest of us, and told us it was manistream islam - murdering female relations and saying it was for 'honour', martial rape (even though that is only recently illegal in the UK) forced marriage, and now seemingly mass paedophila (although the imam thing was only ever a matter of time - in ten years that will be as open as RC priests in Ireland!) when in reality the paedo part will only be a minority problem, as it is in all other cultures... Not every adult wants to mess about with kids, but the ones who do are seriously miswired!

The RC church didn't invent paedophila though - that actually is a unreasonable thing to say... In fact, there are countries where you can get married before puberty, so it might be that it was such places who invented it? Such as certain states in the US?

we agree in essence. what i meant with that statement, perhaps not worded right, is that if the Muslim community feels under siege some of them might start pointing to the catholic church for pedophilia to deflect attention. same as the EDL thing with them pointing to The Prophet(PBUH). hope this clears that.

What I meant was the impression now is that islam 'should' be under seige -

the impression has been that Islam has been under siege for a while now. it only seems more that way now in the UK because of the paper reports. why this is so, i was trying to say, is partly due to do with the fact that the PC people and police etc feared inciting race tension so swept things under the carpet. now that all is coming out, exaggerated or not, it begins to feel that that strategy was ill advised coz its achieving the exact opposite of what it wanted.

People deny it because the reporting rate is low, so they say there is no evidence for it.

Over the last TWO decades we've seen how bad the situation is concerning honour killings and arranged marriages and how hard it has been to drag it into the light, one can only imagine how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Europe went to America, and populated what was mostly empty plains... They built up a society in areas where previously there had been very little... This was obviously because the original inhabitants had been nomadic, and so hadn't built cities and the like, as that was not their way of life - and in Europeans doing so, that way of life was damaged forever...
I wonder what the outcome would be if asylum seekers started building homes on the many thousand of acres of land owned by the Duke of Westminster on the basis that most of it was 'empty plains' of countryside?

I wonder what the outcome would be if asylum seekers started building homes on the many thousand of acres of land owned by the Duke of Westminster on the basis that most of it was 'empty plains' of countryside?

:hihi::hihi: funniest thing i've heard all day.

I agree, but things have changed, and Bounce, that's not what Iraq and Afghanistan is about.

yes, they have changed. only thing is now with globalization and technology we have a situation where people who were on opposite sides of wars, colonizations, religious upheaval etc come face to face so the situation is infinitely more complex than if there where only white anglo-saxon here, or just black Africans in Africa.

many of the memories are quite fresh, especially among those on the 'losing end' which is why people bring up some things and you think 'move on' and they're shocked just as you might be shocked that they brought 'something from so long ago' up.

i think it's a shame we only ever get , tops, a hundred or so years on the planet. if this was lord of the rings and we live to a thousand we would be more understanding and patient as we'd see that most of the things we're talking about now have been talked about over and over through the centuries. there's nothing new about 'foreign hordes', 'feral youth', 'fading empires', 'super powers falling, new ones rising'. had we'd been there when the crusades, the war, the revolutions(industrial, agricultural and political) happened we'd have less friction i think.

in the mean time, we post, as someone says, on the internets.

NOT SURE WHERE ALL THIS CAME FROM:loopy::suspect:

Archived