Straw criticised for abuse comments !

Machinery doesn't replace nurses, or train and bus drivers in London, however...
Those jobs managed quite well before mass immigration.

What you don't seem to understand is that British industry was very labour intensive, as I've said before this was due to lack of reinvestment in modern plant and machinery.

The Tory mentality chose the cheap quick option of bringing in cheap commonwealth labour resulting in the mess we're in today.

Nurses were leaving the NHS becauase of the poor pay and conditions which to commonwealth workers were good compared to the countries they'd left.

Those jobs managed quite well before mass immigration.

..because the only people who could access comprehensive health care were the wealthy and middle classes.

Do you remember what existed before the National Health Service? Have a look at historic child mortality rates and average life expectancy. A lot of us wouldn't be alive now to be posting about it if it wasn't for the NHS (and the people who work within it, 30% of whom are immigrants or their offspring).

..because the only people who could access comprehensive health care were the wealthy and middle classes. Do you remember what existed before the National Health Service? Have a look at historic child mortality rates and average life expectancy. A lot of us wouldn't be alive now to be posting about it if it wasn't for the NHS (and the people who work within it, 30% of whom are immigrants or their offspring).

My Bold=

As a child I had two operations in a NHS hospital (Northern General)

And a spell in another NHS hospital along with a stay in an NHS convalescent home, our family GP was NHS.

Not one foreign member of staff in any of them.

My brother was operated on in the Northern general.

My mother had two kidney operations and an appendix operation.

My Father was in Lodge Moor With Mumps.

All this took place before mass immigration.

My Bold=

And a spell in another NHS hospital along with a stay in an NHS convalescent home, our family GP was NHS.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

My Bold=

..and were you all operated on and nursed back to health exclusively by indigenous British doctors & nurses?

No, it's about a contract with the government.

Occupation is about occupying after an invasion, like Afghanistan!

Grow up!

Contract with which puppet?

Yes we know occupation is about occupying after an invasion. What's your point?

Yes...........................

That's amazing Bass, so why do you think workers from the former Commonwealth were invited to emigrate to the UK in the 50's if there was no work for them to do in the NHS?

I can't imagine the Conservative governments of the time allowing banana boats full of darkies to come over and twiddle their thumbs all day.

Archived