Straw criticised for abuse comments !

That's amazing Bass, so why do you think workers from the former Commonwealth were invited to emigrate to the UK in the 50's if there was no work for them to do in the NHS?

I can't imagine the Conservative governments of the time allowing banana boats full of darkies to come over and twiddle their thumbs all day.

Aw, bless Bassman - he really wants his anecdote to be true, and I think we should let him see the late 1940's as a place without immgration - the 1950's were very different though! Maybe there was a population boom that meant there were far more tonsils to be pulled out? Maybe a group known as babyboomers???

Aw, bless Bassman - he really wants his anecdote to be true, and I think we should let him see the late 1940's as a place without immgration - the 1950's were very different though! Maybe there was a population boom that meant there were far more tonsils to be pulled out? Maybe a group known as babyboomers???

Oh Bassman, what have you become? I was saved by an Italian and a Pole. Several nurses with dark skin came to my assistance when I was in the Northern General. Can't fault it.

Oh dear the spelling/grammar mafia has popped up.

My post has nothing to do with spelling or grammar.

It's just that your own (implausible-how do you know where the staff were born? Did you demand to see their birth certificates?) personal experience is not relevant or useful.

Hi everyone,

I live in Birmingham and i am a turban wearing Sikh bloke. I have had my own personal experiences when i used to work in the city centre offices in Brum. Brum has a large Pakistani and Indian community, and all of guys in my building were of that attitude. But they all had one thing in common.....all the lads who were of Sikh, Hindu and Mulsim HERITAGE that behaved in this manner, all dressed the same (track suit, baseball cap, driving BMWs) and i couldnt tell what faith they belonged to. Two years ago, a distant relative of mine from abroad was visiting my family and as he was staying in Bradford, two of his close relatives decided to drive to Brum to meet my family. When i opened the door, i immediately mistook them as Pakistani Muslims, even though they were of Sikh heritage.

What has happened here is something over maybe 30 or so years. When i was in school, i always fancied white women because i grew up around white women and when i was 14 years old, i tied my first turban and decided that now i am a man and old enough to date. One class mate that i fancied for ages turned me down and she said that her dad will disown her for dating a man of my culture, but then 2 years later she gave birth to a baby boy who is half jamaican! The truth is that men from my race ARE attracted to white women, but because men from my race have been turned down at school, etc, the attracting has turned into a fetish. I needed to get counselling because of my problems in getting white women to date me. I hated myself and hated the world because of my unsuccesful attempts. I contemplated suicide for many years because i felt that there was a conspiracy that its OK to date a white or black man but not to date a man of my race. I have slash marks on my wrists which were self-inflicted but after counselling, my counsellor said that i was doing it because deep down i felt that i wasnt worthy of a white womans love. I am doing better now, but i am yet to find my English rose. I have always wanted to settle down with an English woman and start a family. I just cant help who i am attracted to, but i have always viewed a white woman being the mother of my children.

Men from my race are desperate now, that i dissociate myself from them as i dont want to be associated with that kind of behaviour. So i hope that my Sikh appearance (turban and beard) will maybe help white women to differentiate me from the baseball cap wearing Asian pimps? I genuinely hope so, because i am in my mid thirties and it would be great to finally settle down with an English woman and start a family.

The mass influx didn't really start until the 60s, yes there was immigration in the 50s but not on the scale that followed in the 60s onwards.

One thing that I can tell you that is fact is that in 1969 most nurses who came to the end of their training at the Northern General were then let go and the next crop of students took their place (this happened to the wives of two friends of mine), this was not an uncommon practice, many of our nurses went abroad where they were paid far better wages than in the UK anyway.

Harlod Wilson stated in the 60s that a British nurse paid more income tax than the whole of the 'Vesty' family (Dewhursts Butchers)

What are you going on about?

His facts were correct.

If he was suspended for his comments on this subject, the individuals who suspended him have the problem.

Jack is right.

But you can't say that, it is a crime according to some to tell it as it really is.

Jack Straw took a responsible and heroic step for democracy and straight thinking when he made the statement just as Enoch Powell did all those years ago.

Oh Bassman, what have you become? I was saved by an Italian and a Pole. Several nurses with dark skin came to my assistance when I was in the Northern General. Can't fault it.

I had the pot taken off after a double Colles fracture to my wrist the Asian doctor said I am discharging you now your are fit for work to which I disagreed, I needed and received 6 weeks of further treatment, my job was working aloft on cables everyday.

My late Mother in law was diagnosed with 'Lack of confidence' by an Asian doctor in reality she'd had some strokes (which were shown on her records) which caused her to fall.

My cousin was in hospital after an opreation for bowel cancer when a Phillipino nurse took it on herself to change some of the treatment being given by disconecting one of the devices, these were re-connected on the orders of the surgeon, you can imagine my cousins shock when the same nurse approached his bed the following day, the 'F' word rang throughout the ward.

We can all relate horror or good stories of our experiences.

Looks like Straw managed to upset Hindus and Sikhs too.

A day after UKs' former home secretary Jack Straw blamed some Pakistani Muslim men for targeting "vulnerable" White girls sexually, UK's Hindu and Sikh organizations also publicly accused Muslim groups of the same offence.....

Feeling emboldened by Straw's statement, UK's Hindu and Sikh organizations have also come in open and accused some Pakistani men of specifically targeting Hindu and Sikh girls. "This has been a serious concern for the last decade,".....

Sikhs and Hindus are annoyed that Straw had shown concern for White girls and not the Hindu and the Sikh teenage girls who have been coaxed by some Pakistani men for sex and religious conversion.

"Straw does other communities a disservice by suggesting that only white girls were targets of this predatory behaviour. We raised the issue of our girls with the previous government and the police on several occasions over the last decade. This phenomenon has been there because a minority of Islamic extremists view all 'non believers' as legitimate targets," said director NSO Inderjit Singh.

Targeted sexual offences and forced conversions of Hindu and Sikh girls was not a new phenomenon in the UK, said Ashish Joshio from Media Monitoring group.

"This has been going on for decades in the UK . Young Muslim men have been boasting about seducing the Kaffir (unbeliever) women. The Hindu and the Sikh communities must be commended for showing both restraint and maturity under such provocation," he added.

Hardeep said that in 2007, The Hindu Forum of Britain claimed that hundreds of Hindu and Sikh girls had been first romantically coaxed and later intimidated and converted by Muslim men.

Source: Times of India

Archived