Straw criticised for abuse comments !

He played a big part in Labour's immigration policy that aimed to change the face of UK demographics.....and has spoken how multiculturalism is a great thing for everyone involved(basically).

..and how does this case illustrate that is isn't?

Man I have no doubt your a decent chap who hates scum like this as much as the next guy. Just a little dubious of your reluctance to accept that, just maybe, there could be a problem more in one culture than another.

What I won't accept is that it's a cultural problem-like I said earlier football hooliganism is almost exclusively an activity engaged in by white males, but nobody would suggest their race is a significant factor, but it is something some mainly white males have a propensity to do.

Likewise the OP case is something that some Asian males have a predilection for, but it isn't their 'culture' that compels them to do it, or perhaps it's the lack of vulnerable girls within their own community that does, but you can't blame their culture for that, or should we make Asian girls more vulnerable so the men are less inclined to attack white or black ones?

Depends what you mean by "the current cases". It has certainly been a feature of recent cases and has been highlighted by Mohammed Shafiq of the Ramadhan Foundation as well as by DCI Alan Edwards from West Mercia Police.

In which case it's the attitudes of the police and CPS that need to be robustly challenged.

I heard it described as 'testosterone fuelled' men unable to get their rocks off in their own sub-culture because, rightly or wrongly, women are off limits until marriage, so they exploit girls who are accessible to satisfy their base desires, with no consideration for their victims at all.

So I do see it as a race/culture issue. I argue that a culture that sees women as inferior to men is unable to challenge these mens' twisted values and educate the next generation away from such assumptions.

In which case it's the attitudes of the police and CPS that need to be robustly challenged.

I agree. The fact remains though that an allegation of racism can be very damaging to the career of a public servant even if disproved. Hence why I think false allegations should be a criminal offence. Too many people use "the race card" to their advantage, knowing that they can do so freely.

If it's at all possible to sit down and have a grown up debate without the influence of the racists on one side and those in denial on the other, then threads like this can be constructive.

I tried to walk that tightrope on the thread that was removed and got flak from both sides.

I honestly think that this forum is incapable of discussing Islam without it sinking into cliche and argument. I think there's a strong case to be made for banning any discussion of Islam on SF.

I submitted that suggestion on the "Suggestions and Feedback Forum" and it's currently awaiting moderator approval as every suggestion on that forum must be pre-approved.

Meanwhile I'm staying out of this discussion, apart from this one post.

That's your opinion though mel, you seem to be constantly paranoid with peoples viewpoints, because they do not agree with yours, and this is the same paranoia (IMHO) that has led to the previous thread being taken down on SF, it borders on censorship, is it really taboo to mention the perpetrators ethnicity ?

1: i aint paranoid thanks, after a few years on here you see peoples posting historys, which give away how they feel, think

2: as ive stated earlier its NOT censorship, it wasnt taken down cos of the subject matter, it wouldve been taken down due to the offensive nature of the same old posters posts on the subject of asians, muslims, islam and immigrants) which happens ALL the time, some people just cant help it

1: i aint paranoid thanks, after a few years on here you see peoples posting historys, which give away how they feel, think

2: as ive stated earlier its NOT censorship, it wasnt taken down cos of the subject matter, it wouldve been taken down due to the offensive nature of the same old posters posts on the subject of asians, muslims, islam and immigrants) which happens ALL the time, some people just cant help it

You're very blinkered when it suits your agenda aren't you mel ?

There are threads on here all the time, as you say, that turn into spats, however they can be trimmed by a moderator as opposed to being pulled completely. I seriously believe that some have an agenda on here to get things pulled when the subject matter holds facts they can not argue against !

This issue of ethnicity not being a factor, is true in many cases, however this issue has reared itself again and is not an isolated case in the media, so why should it not be discussed on here ?

I agree. The fact remains though that an allegation of racism can be very damaging to the career of a public servant even if disproved. Hence why I think false allegations should be a criminal offence. Too many people use "the race card" to their advantage, knowing that they can do so freely.

If it's disproved it tends to reflect rather more badly on the accuser rather than the accusee, the contrary belief is a bit of a fallacy propagated by the self proclaimed persecuted right wing, who are just as susceptible to playing the race card as anyone else.

Archived