Straw criticised for abuse comments !

You obviously know very little about Sikhism and its antipathy (to say the least) with Islam

nonsense, Sikhism is based on the teachings of Islam and Hinduism which were the two dominent religions in India at the time Sikhism was founded.

In this scoiety 15 year old girls being out at 12 at night is dangerous and that's got nothing to do with Islam. We live in a high crime society and if the family of the girls take no responsibility for them what do people expect? Why are the girls getting in the car with these men and taking the drink and drugs? These are not abduction or dragged of into the woods cases are they. They are cases where these girls date older men and the abuse starts gradually. There's older men like this from all races and religious backgrounds.

Blame the victims then? Women should be able to walk down the High Street naked if they feel like it without fear of men abusing or attacking them.

nonsense, Sikhism is based on the teachings of Islam and Hinduism which were the two dominent religions in India at the time Sikhism was founded.

he is right, though, bounce about the 'friction'. Hinduism and Islam have 'issues' as we all know with Sikhism a kind of 'Kashmir' sort of caught in the middle.

Rubbish and used out of context by those who don't understand the quran, totally irrelevant to this discussion and hadith is not part of the quran so nill points on both counts, try again, where is the verse in the quran instructing Muslims to commit absue of children?

There are no verses that explicitly allow such marriage. There is a verse, however, that guides Muslims in their duty to raise an orphaned child. The Quran’s guidance on the topic of raising orphans is also valid in the case of our own children. The verse states: “And make not over your property (property of the orphan), which Allah had made a (means of) support for you, to the weak of understanding, and maintain them out of it, clothe them and give them good education. And test them until they reach the age of marriage. Then if you find them maturity of intellect, make over them their property...” (Quran, 4:5-6).

In the matter of children who have lost a parent, a Muslim is ordered to (a) feed them, (b) clothe them, © educate them, and (d) test them for maturity “until the age of marriage” before entrusting them with management of finances.

Here the Quranic verse demands meticulous proof of their intellectual and physical maturity by objective test results before the age of marriage in order to entrust their property to them.

In light of the above verses, no responsible Muslim would hand over financial management to a seven- or nine-year-old immature girl. If we cannot trust a seven-year-old to manage financial matters, she cannot be intellectually or physically fit for marriage.

True I have heard that before, in fact I was told that the founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak actually traveled to Mecca to perform the Hajj as a Muslim and when he died a dispute ensued between the two factions as to whether the funeral ceremony should be conducted for him as a Muslim or a Sikh. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can shed some light on that?:huh:

Blame the victims then? Women should be able to walk down the High Street naked if they feel like it without fear of men abusing or attacking them.

kind of agree. but these being kids, you do have to wonder where the parents where or where they thought their kids where.

that said the one thing i don't agree is taking advantage of it. there's kids sometimes near my 7-11 at night always asking for someone to buy them smokes. i do. the way i figure it, if i don't someone else might come and ask for something in return. i have asked them if they'd go home after i gave them their smokes. they laughed.

The even more disgusting aspect of that is that their parents hire them out and the Governments turn a blind eye in exchange for tourist dollars.

I think extreme pverty might have something to do with children being sold in the third world. Who's to blame for this? World bank IMF which hands out loans to corrupt leaders and then these nations are crippled trying to pay of the interest on their debts. Who runs the IMF?

Also the third world largely exists due to Western Coloniolism and exploitation of people's and lands which continues to this day.

he is right, though, bounce about the 'friction'. Hinduism and Islam have 'issues' as we all know with Sikhism a kind of 'Kashmir' sort of caught in the middle.

However, the mistake made by BritPat and his ilk is to generalise from such historical emnities into a position where he believes that because 'x' is a Sikh, 'y' is a Muslim that they must believe and behave in certain predetermined ways. It's as if he believes 'racism' is a necessary or even admirable and desirable state - and fails to acknowledge that it's learned rather than innate.

BritPat claims he doesn't accept that such a thing as racsim exists, but i think I'm right in saying he's publicly supported the view that blacks and brown people should leave Britain. Fancy that!

There are no verses that explicitly allow such marriage. There is a verse, however, that guides Muslims in their duty to raise an orphaned child. The Quran’s guidance on the topic of raising orphans is also valid in the case of our own children. The verse states: “And make not over your property (property of the orphan), which Allah had made a (means of) support for you, to the weak of understanding, and maintain them out of it, clothe them and give them good education. And test them until they reach the age of marriage. Then if you find them maturity of intellect, make over them their property...” (Quran, 4:5-6).

In the matter of children who have lost a parent, a Muslim is ordered to (a) feed them, (b) clothe them, © educate them, and (d) test them for maturity “until the age of marriage” before entrusting them with management of finances.

Here the Quranic verse demands meticulous proof of their intellectual and physical maturity by objective test results before the age of marriage in order to entrust their property to them.

In light of the above verses, no responsible Muslim would hand over financial management to a seven- or nine-year-old immature girl. If we cannot trust a seven-year-old to manage financial matters, she cannot be intellectually or physically fit for marriage.

Thanx for your explanation sir, my only guide is tinternet and it confirms what you say. I have read somewhere however that there are a few particular verses that have been targeted by the anti Islam websites as examples. Although they have been used out of context and only in tiny extract form without the background reasoning, they are used by the gullible racists blindly on discussions such as this as proof of quran teaching Muslims to be terrorists or child abusers or whatever they wish to spread hate about at the time. So the other poster producing this as an example is no surprise, it merely proves the chap is an avid blind follower of racist websites.;)

They and their families are partly responsible for what has hapened. Its easy for the racists to jump on the band wagon blaming Asians and Muslims but the mere suggestion of the family taking responsibility and the girls behaving appropriately in the first place! If I take drugs and end up a drug addict am I simply a victim or do I share some responsibility for what has happened?

Archived