Straw criticised for abuse comments !

If it's disproved it tends to reflect rather more badly on the accuser rather than the accusee, the contrary belief is a bit of a fallacy propagated by the self proclaimed persecuted right wing, who are just as susceptible to playing the race card as anyone else.

I don't think it's a fallacy and I assure you I am neither persecuted nor right wing.

I don't think it's a fallacy and I assure you I am neither persecuted nor right wing.

Picture this;

Parent/Carer of Thirteen Year Old Rape Victim:

"Hello, is that the police? My child has been drugged and repeatedly sexually abused by a gang of Asian men who live at XYZ Street"

Policeman:

"Did you say Asian? Sorry, I don't want to investigate that because they'll accuse me of being a racist."

The officers I know of SYP would be round like a shot, hopefully only pausing to put steel toecaps in their standard issue boots.

He wasn't being racist as such - statistically there is a large list of rape cases between pakistani men and white girls. He was just pointing that out. And after that he did advise the pakistani community to think why that could be. Racial issues are so damn touchy.

What I was am trying to say is that JS is a supporter of multiculturalism, but he is now speaking out about a problem he has become aware of. This may appear to go against what he has done and said in the past so he must feel strongly about it. That was my point.......

No one is suggesting anything is exclusive to one race anywhere at all....that would be ridiculous as we all know. But it is obvious what he means....the Asian men are looking to white girls out of their strict cultural circle because it offers cheap thrills with little comeback.........White males can get their cheap thrills down the local all you can drink, so don't need to "prey".

This means that it is becoming a problem MORE associated with Asian men that needs to be addressed....not ignored like you would love to do I am sure!!!

The only reason he said nothing before is his constituency has a large Asian community, liebour voters and he didn't want to lose their votes its as simple as that.

Picture this;

Parent/Carer of Thirteen Year Old Rape Victim:

"Hello, is that the police? My child has been drugged and repeatedly sexually abused by a gang of Asian men who live at XYZ Street"

Policeman:

"Did you say Asian? Sorry, I don't want to investigate that because they'll accuse me of being a racist."

The officers I know of SYP would be round like a shot, hopefully only pausing to put steel toecaps in their standard issue boots.

I'm still inclined to believe those who are actually involved in these cases or have studied them impartially. I think I'll be citing Mohammed Shafiq and Alan Edwards more frequently than boyfriday.

I heard it described as 'testosterone fuelled' men unable to get their rocks off in their own sub-culture because, rightly or wrongly, women are off limits until marriage, so they exploit girls who are accessible to satisfy their base desires, with no consideration for their victims at all.

So I do see it as a race/culture issue. I argue that a culture that sees women as inferior to men is unable to challenge these mens' twisted values and educate the next generation away from such assumptions.

I remember there was a documentary made a few years ago about this issue but it never made it to broadcast because it was seen as potentially incendiary. My feeling at the time was one of revulsion that women and children's welfare was being apparently sacrificed for the sake of racial harmony. There are several cultural issues that have been swept under the carpet over the years in a similar way. I think generally it takes time for taboo issues to reach a critical mass and break out into the open.

I think that there is quite a widespread two-tier attitude to women among certain ethnic minority cultures, just as there was in our own, the old virgin/whore crap of which there is still a prevailing residue in some quarters. But it's my experience that there is a pervasive cultural prejudice against 'kufirs' and that is especially crystallised against non-muslim females. It is this that I believe Jack Straw was referring to, and denying or smearing any attempt to bring it out in the open doesn't help anyone. Of course prejudice and judgements happen across various differences but in this case it's one that perhaps hasn't been confronted until now.

Quisquose posted a typically excellent and calmly fair examination of the issue, about outgroups being seen as intrinsically lesser that ingroup members. I think it's been lost as so many other posts have. I wish I could quote it.

I really hope the cases that have made the news recently will publicise the problem, at least enough for other girls to seek help and report their own experiences when they see it framed in the media as the abuse it is, whatever the ethnicity.

I heard it described as 'testosterone fuelled' men unable to get their rocks off in their own sub-culture because, rightly or wrongly, women are off limits until marriage, so they exploit girls who are accessible to satisfy their base desires, with no consideration for their victims at all.

So I do see it as a race/culture issue. I argue that a culture that sees women as inferior to men is unable to challenge these mens' twisted values and educate the next generation away from such assumptions.

That isn't the case with the Derby paedoes though - the ring leaders were married dad's... They could sleep with their wives or their own kids, they didn't need to rape other young girls...

Archived