Herries Road Shops

drakej

can anyone remember what shop was under the hairdressers

after reminising we thought that the order of the shops were... Hillards/Video/Fish shop crossover to next block and the first shop ???

Apple tree/beer off/paper shop/franklins/chemist/butchers/post office

If you know different please post

can anyone remember what shop was under the hairdressers

after reminising we thought that the order of the shops were... Hillards/Video/Fish shop crossover to next block and the first shop ???

Apple tree/beer off/paper shop/franklins/chemist/butchers/post office

If you know different please post

F its the one at the side of Tesco it was G francis hairstylist .there was nothing else when I lived up there.

when i was little,it was tesco/a dry cleaners/jeffs chippy,then cross over road a travel agents/appletree/threshers/forbouys newsagent/betting shop/franklins/chemist/bucthers and post office.and a hairt dressers on the devonshire arms car park.this was before then dev was renovated.

I can remember when a travel agents, possibly Franklins had a travel agents in between Tesco and Jeff's chippy. I can't also think of why no one has mentioned the bookies, which was definitely there in the 80's and still is. As for the shop on the corner where Bere's Sandwich Shop is, I think that has been there longer than you think. I am more than willing to be corrected though.

• 1 year later...
i remember it being frances you could get cigs single embassy no 5 the shop always smelt of cat pee as i remember

I remember that shop the woman used to cut hair in the back of the shop her nickname was "catwoman" no matter what style of hair cut you asked for you would always end up with short back and sides lol 68/71 when Skinhead came in fashion we started to go to a barbers near Herries school to make sure we got what we wanted.

Archived