Dead Confederate / The whigs playing Sheff

melthebell

heres the email dead confederate sent me, i'd love to see Dead Confederate, have to see if i can get down for it, theyre a bluesy grunge inspired indie band, theyre first album is mega heavy and down, their last album sugar is a lot more musical

Athens, GA contemporaries Dead Confederate and The Whigs have announced a co-headline tour that will see them go head to head around the UK and Europe next month!

Emerging from the tight knit Athens, Georgia music scene that brought us the likes of Drive By Truckers, Of Montreal and REM, The Whigs and Dead Confederate have shared the same stage in their hometown on several occasions as well as touring the US together in early 2009.

The Whigs capped off a hugely successful year when they hit the road supporting Kings Of Leon on their December UK arena tour. Meanwhile, Dead Confederate have been relentlessly touring the US since their sophomore album Sugar came out in the UK on Kartel in September 2010. This marks the first time since the album's release that the band will grace the shores of the UK. Coincidentally, Sugar is currently on sale for only $5 at Amazon MP3 for the month of January.

The two bands will be stopping off at:Feb. 15 59 to 1 München, Germany

Feb. 16 Nachtleben Frankfurt, Germany

Feb. 17 Molotow Hamburg, Germany

Feb. 18 Luxor Cologne, Germany

Feb. 19 Perron 55 Venlo, Netherlands

Feb. 20 013 Tilburg, Netherlands

Feb. 22 The Jericho Oxford, UK

Feb. 23 Dingwalls London, UK

Feb. 24 The Plug Sheffield, UK

Feb. 25 O2 Academy Birmingham, UK

Feb. 26 Night & Day Manchester, UK

Feb. 27 Bodega Nottingham, UK