Dead birds - What do you think?

I read a theory that birds in general are becoming more intelligent and that they witnessed the mass slaughter of turkeys, geese, chickens etc over Christmas. To stop them from suffering the same fate they decided to do kamikaze!:roll:

Oh nooooooooooooo ah well i'm more of a chicken eater anyway.

I'd like some statistical evidence and analysis of this happening before, as it has, before I start believing in the end of the world stuff.

Maybe it happens often but we just don't normally hear about it.

But the Daily Mail et al being from the manipulative 'lets make a story out of nothing' school of journalism are just hyping it up with tales of impending armageddon.

There's no doubt there's an increasing general sense of hysteria about, which they would be quick to latch on to and exploit, (as would any number of Governments around the world...)

Maybe we are being manipulated in more ways than one... Who knows? Keep alert and be careful what you wish for.

Keep calm and carry on.

UN Guidelines for not using environmental modification techniques in anger.

So, they exist then?

TEXT PUBLISHED IN: United Nations General Assembly Resolution 31/72, Annex; see Official Records of the General Assembly, Thirty-first Session, Supplement No. 39 (A/31/39), pp. 37-38. International Legal Materials, Vol. XVI, No. 1, January 1977, pp. 88-94 (Engl.); World Armaments and Disarmament, SIPRI Yearbook 1978, London 1978, pp. 392-397 (Engl.); Shindler & Toman, eds., "The Laws of Armed Conflicts."

Realizing that the use of environmental modification techniques for peaceful purposes could improve the interrelationship of man and nature and contribute to the preservation and improvement of the environment for the benefit of present and future generations,

Recognizing, however, that military or any other hostile use of such techniques could have effects extremely harmful to human welfare,

Desiring to prohibit effectively military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques in order to eliminate the dangers to mankind from such use, and affirming their willingness to work towards the achievement of this objective,

Desiring also to contribute to the strengthening of trust among nations and to the further improvement of the international situation in accordance with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations,

Have agreed as follows:

ARTICLE I 1. Each State Party to this Convention undertakes not to engage in military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects as the means of destruction, damage or injury to any other State Party.

2. Each State Party to this Convention undertakes not to assist, encourage or induce any State, group of States or international organization to engage in activities contrary to the provisions of paragraph 1 of this article.

ARTICLE II As used in article 1, the term "environmental modification techniques" refers to any technique for changing - through the deliberate manipulation of natural processes--the dynamics, composition or structure of the Earth, including its biota, lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere, or of outer space.

ARTICLE III 1. The provisions of this Convention shall not hinder the use of environmental modification techniques for peaceful purposes and shall be without prejudice to the generally recognized principles and applicable rules of international law concerning such use.

2. The States Parties to this Convention undertake to facilitate, and have the right to participate in, the fullest possible exchange of scientific and technological information on the use of environmental modification techniques for peaceful purposes. States Parties in a position to do so shall contribute, alone or together with other States or international organizations, to international economic and scientific co-operation in the preservation, improvement and peaceful utilization of the environment, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world

Source

I've seen an article somewhere which stated that the events are an indication that Jesus is about to appear again. Of all the explanations I hope this is true. Not because I'm religious but it would be the most entertaining!

As long as he looks like Ted Neeley. :love:

Did they ever work out what was happening to the bees?

Did they ever work out what was happening to the bees?

It seems a lot of the deaths are caused by a plague of parasitic mites which bore a hole in the bee's body which would be proportionately comparable to the size of a dinner plate if it were on a person.

This probably accounts for most the deaths, but many are still unexplained. Scientists have found a way to kill the mites through some kind of genetically engineered bio attack, but they reckon it could take up to 20 years before the product is widely available.

More dead birds, (this time 1,000 doves) have fallen from the sky in Faenza, Italy.

Add that to the 5,000 red-winged blackbirds that fell in Beebe, Arkansas, (Dec 31st,)

the 500 blackbirds and starlings in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA (Jan 3rd,) and 100 Jackdaws in Falkoping, Sweden.

Then there's the fish; 85,000 drum fish found dead on the 17 mile stretch of the Arkansas river (Dec 30th)

2,000,000 fish (est.) found dead in Chesapeake Bay, East Coast, USA. (5th Jan)

All with no rational explanation.

What's happening? Does this happen all the time but we just don't hear about it, or is this something else?

What do you think?

Ha ha you are funny. I fell on my arse on the ice this morning. Coincidence? I think not my friend.

Archived