Englands easy way to recovery.

Hmmmm....but people do agree with me if you take the trouble to read through the thread.:roll:

I have read the whole thing and as far as I can see Max is the only one who is sort of on your wavelength out of how many posters so far??

Does that imply we need a new world order which prevents the flow of assets in such a major way? As some posters on here have pointed out, if you try and re-distribute in an equitable manner nationally all that will happen is that the 'haves' will move their assets off-shore leaving fewer assets for the 'have nots'.

What is needed is a global solution and as long as the world is driven by the economics of petroleum and armaments then I can't see that happening any time soon. However, it doesn't prevent us having debates like this as to what the new world society would look like and how it would operate without the usual nay-sayers dismissing any attempts at reasoned arguments.

I don't know, i'm sure there are a lot of poor people in those countries who will benefit from the wealth those nations are going to experience, should we take measures to reduce that possible benefit? If you want a more balanced equitable flow of capital around the world then I have absolutely no clue how to even begin achieving that, its all I can do to manage to get through each month

Does that imply we need a new world order which prevents the flow of assets in such a major way? As some posters on here have pointed out, if you try and re-distribute in an equitable manner nationally all that will happen is that the 'haves' will move their assets off-shore leaving fewer assets for the 'have nots'.

Is it all a flow of assets to the east though?

More like creation of new assets / wealth in the east at a faster rate than new assets / wealth are being created in the west.

There is obviously a need for a debate as to the future role(s) of this country - but to see everything in terms of one single policy is short sighted IMHO.

One way to make England richer would be to allow it to secede from the UK, since Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are all net beneficiaries from the UK budget. I am not of course advocating this, as I believe in the Union.

However, if the SNP were ever in a position to pull Scotland out of the Union, we should, in purely financial terms, breathe a sigh of relief, as it would mean the end of the ludicrous Barnett formula, which allows Scotland to be subsidised up to the hilt. It would also mean the end of the widening disparity between Scotland and England in terms of the costs of university education, amongst other things. If the Scots insist on keeping university fees at a level much lower than pertains in the rest of the UK, then let them pay for it.

Of all the problems Leopold has is his understanding that people are not born equal.

This has been said many times on this thread and ignored by him every time.

It is not fair or equitable to give a person whose parents created an empire the same start as someone whose parents were underachieving losers.

Nor is it fair to force someone whose parents have struggled to create a decent standard of living from themselves out of the city to have to, as you quote "get a decent Council flat".

/boggles

One way to make England richer would be to allow it to secede from the UK, since Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are all net beneficiaries from the UK budget. I am not of course advocating this, as I believe in the Union.

Much of the north is also a net beneficiary from wealth re-distribution from the City and the south east.

Of all the problems Leopold has is his understanding that people are not born equal.

This has been said many times on this thread and ignored by him every time.

It is not fair or equitable to give a person whose parents created an empire the same start as someone whose parents were underachieving losers.

Nor is it fair to force someone whose parents have struggled to create a decent standard of living from themselves out of the city to have to, as you quote "get a decent Council flat".

/boggles

Indeed you are incorrect. Refer to my previous answer.

Archived