Englands easy way to recovery.

Let them go but do not allow movement of their wealth out of the country!:D

Is this not seizing assets of the living as well as the dead? Can they not purchase a house or invest abroad? Would all who emigrate have to do so penniless? And what of foreign businessmen who are not domiciled here, would the same rules apply to them?

WOW...that is excellent! We should adopt it here!

It is not Bill Gates money anyhow. It was earned by the people who work for him. It rightfully belongs to the American people. They earned it.

Gates' wealth is mainly in the value of the company that he built rather than cash in the bank. Those who chose to work in for him at the beginning had the opportunity to purchase a share(s) and if they did would be now be wealthy themselves. If the venture had not prospered it would have been him in the bankruptcy court, not his employees.

I see the problem here, the OP doesn't understand what taxation, assets or communism is.

Your idea has been tried in all communist states and they all (with a few exceptions) have one way or another become capitalist in the end thorough differing means.

Communism has an achilles' heel, its called human greed.

I see the problem here, the OP doesn't understand what taxation, assets or communism is.

Your idea has been tried in all communist states and they all (with a few exceptions) have one way or another become capitalist in the end thorough differing means.

Communism has an achilles' heel, its called human greed.

No, the problem is people don't know how to debate. No one has come up with a way of making the idea workable.

PS Welcome back from your hibernation.

This is of course true, but the North is an integral part of England, not a separate country and therefore its position is qualitatively different from that Scotland (many of whose citizens aspire to leave the Union and who already enjoy various financial perks denied to English citizens, thanks to the budgetary largesse bestowed upon them).

I quite agree LordC - was more making a point to many of the English who may want to ditch the Union that things may not always turn out liked they'd planned - especially if financial gain is the sole motivation.

This is of course true, but the North is an integral part of England, not a separate country and therefore its position is qualitatively different from that Scotland (many of whose citizens aspire to leave the Union and who already enjoy various financial perks denied to English citizens, thanks to the budgetary largesse bestowed upon them).

Oh god, here we go - I knew it wouldn't be long before someone decided to slate Scotland. :rolleyes:

No, the problem is people don't know how to debate. No one has come up with a way of making the idea workable.

That's very true.

No hibernation my friend, just forgot all about this site :D

Maybe that is because they dont agree with the idea in the first place.

I would put a 100% in if I felt that someone came up with a workable idea and I agreed in principle with it.If I dont then I wont waste time trying to make the idea work. Simple really.

Archived