Englands easy way to recovery.

Taxation is not the seizing of assets. Taxation is different to what you are talking about, you are saying that as soon as someone dies their chattels and worldly goods are seized by the state that is not the same as a tax.

You've still not seen the major flaw in the plan yet have you?

It is certainly a form of tax. That is exactly what it is. It is the fairest tax ever!

It means that we are all born equal. What have you got against equality?

It is certainly a form of tax. That is exactly what it is. It is the fairest tax ever!

It is not a form of tax. It is the seizing of assets which is totally different.

I've got nothing against equality. The only problem is we're not all born equal. Some people are stronger than others. Some people are smarter, some people are able to make good decisions and some are just lazy.

I have issues with the idea that the state could seize assets you've worked for and leave families destitute.

It is not a form of tax. It is the seizing of assets which is totally different.

I've got nothing against equality. The only problem is we're not all born equal. Some people are stronger than others. Some people are smarter, some people are able to make good decisions and some are just lazy.

I have issues with the idea that the state could seize assets you've worked for and leave families destitute.

I pay lots of tax. I do not have a choice. I earn the money so the money is MY asset. The government seize it very much against my will. Taxation is seizing assets!

Words usually spoken by students, low wage earners, low achievers and people who have little property or possessions.

Some people wish to aspire to greater things. They have goals, want a better standard of living, want to make sure their offspring are financially secure.......

Equality may equal a boring life.

inheritances are all ready taxed quite substantially, which is why there is a thriving industry around minimising the tax liability. you plan would certainly make that a booming industry.

if you were to close all the minimisation routes then you will eventually close down every family run business, farms and estates throwing thousands out of work and in the case of rural workers out of their homes.

The idea WOULD work. After a few years the general populus would be wondering why it had never been done before. The only loses would be the ruling classes who control most of the wealth and also control us. I certainly would not feel sorry for them. Let their scroates go out and get a job!

Continuing to repeat the phrase 'it would work' does not mean it would work.

The very notion of working your entire life to not be able to pass on the rewards of your hard work is simply abhorrent and I doubt you would be so quick to endorse this policy if it were put into practice today with the material possessions you own.

The Government hasn't done such a sterling job with our money, there's absolutely no evidence to assume they wouldn't simply squander this, too.

England has become "stale" after many many generations of established wealth. The families with long established wealth like it that way, they will merely pass the wealth onto the next generation who will use the wealth to become comparitively even richer. These families will continue to enjoy recessions and the extra fruits that they bring.

I have a very simple solution that will create true equality and real prosperity for all in England. It is amazingly simple and will solve Englands evils almost overnight. BAN INHERITANCE. When someone dies their estate is left to the country, for the good of the country.

Poverty would disappear very quickly as would the national debt. People would be truly born equal with equal chance of making their lives a sucess. England would not only be fair, but would be seen to be fair. People would spend more as they cannot take it with them, this would stimulate the economy.

What in all honesty could be a fairer step for a government to take?

You couldnt make it up really:huh:

I wonder how you would feel if you were the son of a man who had worked hard all his life to pass something on to that son.Maybe paid an enormous amount of taxes already and sacrificed a lot to get where he got. For all of it to be passed on to the state so that they could divvy it up between the rest of society, even amongst those who had never worked at all in the life.

Honestly how would you feel?

Words usually spoken by students, low wage earners, low achievers and people who have little property or possessions.

Some people wish to aspire to greater things. They have goals, want a better standard of living, want to make sure their offspring are financially secure.......

Equality may equal a boring life.

People will still have aspirations. Equality is more fair than it is boring. People will not feel that they have no chance in life as many do now. Ban inheritance now for the good of all!

I pay lots of tax. I do not have a choice. I earn the money so the money is MY asset. The government seize it very much against my will. Taxation is seizing assets!
Taxation is not seizing assets in the way you are prescribing in this scenario. But you are quite right you don't pay taxes you have them taken from you.

Let me paint you a scenario.

Guy leaves work on his way home to his family, he is mugged and stabbed and dies on the street. The week after all his assets, his house, furniture, car, bank accounts are seized by the state. What happens to the remaining family?

What a ridiculous notion.

You pay your contribution for services to enable you to live in this country, which of course has its financial problems at the moment due to the state not managing the economy correctly over the last 13 years.

If you dont want the Govt to 'seize your money' why dont you go and live in another country where they will seize even more of it.

Archived