Englands easy way to recovery.

It would create true equality as everyone knows. People would feel stimulated and enthused because they are getting a fair crack of the whip. Society would improve drastically and the crimerate very quickly fall away. It would instill a community spirit in people and also a love of their fair country. It would teach them real values!
Answer the scenario question please

LOL. So patronising.

It's not a new idea; it's just a very short-sighted and foolish one!

Tell you what: how about you give all your money to the Government when you die. Then you'll have lived according to your beliefs and everyone is happy.

You cannot possibly be more reasonable than that.

It is an excellent idea of mine.

LOL. So patronising.

It's not a new idea; it's just a very short-sighted and foolish one!

Tell you what: how about you give all your money to the Government when you die. Then you'll have lived according to your beliefs and everyone is happy.

You cannot possibly be more reasonable than that.

See post 31, he's already said he won't be doing that;)

They would be looked after by the state. That is fair!
Which is paid for by the rest of us. Surely it would be better to leave them where they are?

Another scenario.

A rich family have a severely physically and disabled child but because they are wealthy they are able to provide the child with the best in therapy and health care and the child has some decent quality of life. The parents die and their assets are seized. The disabled person now has basic NHS care which has to be paid for by the state. wouldn't it have been better to allow the parents to leave a will where their existing wealth could have kept the disabled person in the care they were accustomed to?

I can see that this idea could work but there would need to be a lot of thought put into it to figure out the practicalities. Things like being allowed to pass on your home to your immediate kin but not any other house which you might own, being able to fund your children whilst you are still alive so that they are not disadvantaged by your death or maintaining a corporation to ensure no job losses.

I find it puzzling that there are some on here who use the term seizing assets; from whom exactly are these assets being seized? Not from the previous owner, they're dead and certainly not from anyone else because under this scheme the assets belong to the state.

So would you stop people from emigrating or sending money to family abroad? Lakshmi Mittal for example. I can see this sort of thing really being an incentive to potential foreign investors. It's just the sort of half baked idiocy that the left wing nutters would dream up.

It is an excellent idea of mine.

It's interesting that only you thinks that.

It's blatantly clear that the rest of the posters vehemently disagree.

First step of finding out whether something's a good idea: listen to other people.

I find it puzzling that there are some on here who use the term seizing assets; from whom exactly are these assets being seized? Not from the previous owner, they're dead and certainly not from anyone else because under this scheme the assets belong to the state.
Under UK law once you die your assets pass to the closest relative or partner. If theres no will they need to apply for probate to get the assets. Unless they can't be found or don't want them in which case they then go to the state. There is no statute of limitation to apply for probate.

These assets would be seized from the person - under current uk law - who is legitimately entitled to inherit them. Of course you'd need to change that law to implement this scheme.

I can see that this idea could work but there would need to be a lot of thought put into it to figure out the practicalities. Things like being allowed to pass on your home to your immediate kin but not any other house which you might own, being able to fund your children whilst you are still alive so that they are not disadvantaged by your death or maintaining a corporation to ensure no job losses.

I think that most people here realise that this idea would work. It is simply that you are the only one who has been honest enough to admit it. The rest of them are too busy plotting out how they are going to get their greedy hands on grannies house!

I have only introduced this as a principle , the details of course would need to be thrashed out. The principle however is just so fair and sound.

Archived