Englands easy way to recovery.

Under UK law once you die your assets pass to the closest relative or partner. If theres no will they need to apply for probate to get the assets. Unless they can't be found or don't want them in which case they then go to the state. There is no statute of limitation to apply for probate.

These assets would be seized from the person - under current uk law - who is legitimately entitled to inherit them. Of course you'd need to change that law to implement this scheme.

Of course the laws would need to be changed.

It's interesting that only you thinks that.

It's blatantly clear that the rest of the posters vehemently disagree.

First step of finding out whether something's a good idea: listen to other people.

Only a few obviously embittered people disagreed with me. One person, obviously someone forward and free thinking, seems to like the idea.

England has become "stale" after many many generations of established wealth. The families with long established wealth like it that way, they will merely pass the wealth onto the next generation who will use the wealth to become comparitively even richer. These families will continue to enjoy recessions and the extra fruits that they bring.

I have a very simple solution that will create true equality and real prosperity for all in England. It is amazingly simple and will solve Englands evils almost overnight. BAN INHERITANCE. When someone dies their estate is left to the country, for the good of the country.

Poverty would disappear very quickly as would the national debt. People would be truly born equal with equal chance of making their lives a sucess. England would not only be fair, but would be seen to be fair. People would spend more as they cannot take it with them, this would stimulate the economy.

What in all honesty could be a fairer step for a government to take?

What about outlawing money full stop?

Sorry Leopold this idealist plan is seriously flawed because it removes personal motivation. It's difference which drives us, gives us something to strive for, which in turn generates new growth and understand, new goals. The human race will always be in some form of flux which will create both difference and potential.

That is a communist plan! It would collapse dramatically within 50 years! No communist state has ever lasted longer than that without turning into an authoritarian dictatorship... (I say dictatorship because, somebody will always need to be the ruling class (class as in the mathematical term group)).

People have never had this right. I pay tax, I do not wish to. It is my asset!
People have always had the right to do what they want with their possessions, you are talking about removing that fundamental right. You are basically saying that ultimately nobody owns anything because the state can take everything you have

That is a communist plan! It would collapse dramatically within 50 years! No communist state has ever lasted longer than that without turning into an authoritarian dictatorship... (I say dictatorship because, somebody will always need to be the ruling class (class as in the mathematical term group)).
Thats what I said with less elegance

Archived