Englands easy way to recovery.

What about outlawing money full stop?

Sorry Leopold this idealist plan is seriously flawed because it removes personal motivation. It's difference which drives us, gives us something to strive for, which in turn generates new growth and understand, new goals. The human race will always be in some form of flux which will create both difference and potential.

That is a communist plan! It would collapse dramatically within 50 years! No communist state has ever lasted longer than that without turning into an authoritarian dictatorship... (I say dictatorship because, somebody will always need to be the ruling class (class as in the mathematical term group)).

So what about a son born into a family that has established wealth. What motivates him? What about athletes who compete for non professionally, what motivates them. My plan is not communism but would motivate people who finally realise that they are starting on a level playing field. Nothing is more demotivating than working for a boss who owns a company that "daddy and mummy" .

It is a constant reminder how unfair and unequal life is and very demotivating.

Even more assets of the rich would soon disappear to offshore tax havens - and if people chose to blow all their money before dying then pretty sure a large proportion would be spent abroad. Neither would benefit the country.

Why do people think there is an "easy" way to achieve anything. We've had umpteen threads on here saying everything could be made better by a single policy such as limiting family sizes of benefit claimants, stopping immigration, bringing back hanging etc.

None of them would.

People have always had the right to do what they want with their possessions, you are talking about removing that fundamental right. You are basically saying that ultimately nobody owns anything because the state can take everything you have

People would own what they earn for as long as they live. When they die they have the satisfaction of knowing that tyheir money will help the needy. They would die at peace.

Even more assets of the rich would soon disappear to offshore tax havens - anf if people chose to blow all their money before dying then pretty sure a large proportion would be spent abroad. Neither would benefit the country.

Why do people think there is an "easy" way to achieve anything. We've had umpteen threads on here saying everything could be made better by a single policy such as limiting family sizes of benefit claimants, stopping immigration, bringing back hanging etc.

None of them would.

If there was a will to do it no money would go offshore. At the moment corrupt politicians do not have the will to plug the gaps.

If there was a will to do it no money would go offshore. At the moment corrupt politicians do not have the will to plug the gaps.
Of course it would. If I had anything to leave my kids and knew the state would take everything when I died I'd make sure I found a way round it and a way to make sure they got what i'd worked for

Of course it would. If I had anything to leave my kids and knew the state would take everything when I died I'd make sure I found a way round it and a way to make sure they got what i'd worked for

The state could soon close any loupholes by tracking money. It is difficult even now to move large sums of money around without trace.

Archived