Englands easy way to recovery.

So what about a son born into a family that has established wealth. What motivates him? What about athletes who compete for non professionally, what motivates them. My plan is not communism but would motivate people who finally realise that they are starting on a level playing field. Nothing is more demotivating than working for a boss who owns a company that "daddy and mummy" .

It is a constant reminder how unfair and unequal life is and very demotivating.

I'm sorry i'm having trouble understanding most of that last post!

Starting ahead shouldn't be identified as the only factor which deters people from trying!

Athletes who compete, well, they compete!

Yes it is a communist ideal! Absolute equality is what communism (1, 2) is all about, don't get me wrong I start most my ideas out as communist ideals (just because they are logically idealist), but through rationalisation and considering reality, they get tempered and formed into something reasonably acceptable.

Oh yes they would!
we can play this game all day.

Lets take a rich person as an example.

Do you really think that David Beckham would just allow all his wealth to be seized by the state on his death leaving his 3 kids destitute? Do you not think he'd do everything in his power to make sure his wealth that he worked for was distributed the way he'd want it to be? Furthermore don't you think he'd just emigrate to make sure this happened?

Or are you going to put restrictions on wealthy people leaving the country? Or close all the tax havens?

The state could soon close any loupholes by tracking money. It is difficult even now to move large sums of money around without trace.
So then all the wealthy people would emigrate and take on another nationality in order to then leave their wealth to their children. I know I would if I had anything significant to leave.

If there was a will to do it no money would go offshore. At the moment corrupt politicians do not have the will to plug the gaps.

How, short of setting up a fascist state?

It would certainly also mean that we'd get no inward foreign investment into this country.

A double whammy.

So then all the wealthy people would emigrate and take on another nationality in order to then leave their wealth to their children. I know I would if I had anything significant to leave.

You will never leave the country. You cannot even leave the thread as you threatened to over an hour ago!:P

Instead of everyone being negative towards this idea how about looking at it from another angle and suggesting improvements? Capitalism cannot go on the way it is with 1% of the population owning 80% of the planet (might be an exaggeration but not by much) and accruing more each decade.

Eventually, we will be living in a dystopian world where we work simply to survive, like a huge proportion of the world population does anyway. Something has to change but if every time someone puts forward an idea it is immediately shouted down with cries of "more left-wing drivel" we will never move forward. Come on, think outside the box, how can we improve the distribution of the world's assets?

Instead of everyone being negative towards this idea how about looking at it from another angle and suggesting improvements? Capitalism cannot go on the way it is with 1% of the population owning 80% of the planet (might be an exaggeration but not by much) and accruing more each decade.

Eventually, we will be living in a dystopian world where we work simply to survive, like a huge proportion of the world population does anyway. Something has to change but if every time someone puts forward an idea it is immediately shouted down with cries of "more left-wing drivel" we will never move forward. Come on, think outside the box, how can we improve the distribution of the world's assets?

The worlds assets are being redistributed. East.

China, India, Korea are all going to be the new economic superpowers and the USA will be reliquishing its place as the world leader.

The only way to re-distribute is on a national and global scale. Individuals can't make a difference only nations can.

It is really gratifying to learn that someone else can see the "big picture" rather than screaming and slating because they are afraid that someone wishes to take a slice of their pie.

You are correct, capitalism works for capitalists. The rich are even through a recession getting richer while others suffer. I think that it was the archbishop of cantebury who recently stated that they should shoulder their share of the pain.

As I said...

What about outlawing money full stop?

I'm a bit of a Trekkie so it's not my idea...

However AFAIK it is based somewhat on the concept of Technocracy (1, 2), however there are still issues, especially as how to get from here to there!

Archived