MP wants ALL men in Bristol DNA screened to find killer

The NDNAD by itself isn't, as I've said previously on this thread.

What I'm afraid, as previously implied, is exactly the same as the American founding fathers when they drew up their constitution.

Have you donated your DNA?

Tell me more about the founding fathers. In my opinion they were a pretty far sighted group of very learned gentlemen for whom I have much respect. So I am interested in their perspective. Or what you believe their perspective was.

To where am I supposed to donate my DNA? It is not really the issue. I am certainly willing to be a part of the NDNADB.

Can you think of any examples of a state in the past that would've liked to DNA profile their citizens? I'll point you towards Germany, as a gentle nudge.

Pretty irrelevant here. We are talking about crime detection. If the state really was totalitarian and wanted a DNADB they wouldnt just kindly ask you for yours.:)

Pretty irrelevant here. We are talking about crime detection. If the state really was totalitarian and wanted a DNADB they wouldnt just kindly ask you for yours.:)
And again, history shows us that the only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. So before we accidentally become a totalitarian state, would it not be best to stand up for the freedoms we do have?

No, that was the jury's assumption.

At present it looks like she has spent many months behind bars for a crime she didn't commit, based on flawed DNA forensics and an unquestioning jury.

I'll choose minimise the risk of a similar fate by not volunteering to match myself against squillions of crimes I know I didn't commit but cannot remember what I was doing on that night X years ago.

So now you believe Miss Knox to be innocent. With knowledge of how much of the evidence given over umpteen months in an Italian court? Is her appeal looking promising then?

We are talking about crime detection. If the state really was totalitarian and wanted a DNADB they wouldnt just kindly ask you for yours.:)

Hardly irrelevant. The original point was that MP Kerry McCarthy wanted people to be forced to give DNA. Do you think that is totalitarian?

Edited by Chris_Sleeps
Got the MP's name wrong.

So before we accidentally become a totalitarian state, would it not be best to stand up for the freedoms we do have?

indeed, or DID have, take a look at the "war on terror" look at how our lives have changed since 9/11, they said the terrorists wont change our way of life, they have, the terrorists have won.

we are walking into the big brother police state

So now you believe Miss Knox to be innocent. With knowledge of how much of the evidence given over umpteen months in an Italian court? Is her appeal looking promising then?

Watch the vid on this page:

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/09/amanda_knox_innocent_-_lack_of.php

It's an interview with a retired FBI investigator who has reviewed the evidence and is absolutely convinced of Ms Knox's innocence. The New Scientist article is also persuasive - they are not in the habit of publishing bad science! Both tell us that the flawed DNA evidence was central to the conviction.

How many more months it will take the Italian justice system to catch-up, I do not know.