MP wants ALL men in Bristol DNA screened to find killer

I think it best to provide our Law Enforcement Agencies with the best that technology has to offer to catch the evil people like the Bristol murderer who currently get away with it. And they get away with it partly because good people who could act by voluntarily creating an All Inclusive National DNA database choose instead to do nothing on the pretext od protecting liberties that they cannot quite articulate.

DNA would only really work if you left something of yourself at the crime scene. chip and pin. road cameras etc. all this has been suggested as 'the answer' to certain crimes but criminals always find a way.

the benefits( and i know it's cold maths that might hurt those who've lost loved ones) would not counter the cost and lost liberties i think.

You continue to quote Amanda Knox and she may or may not be proved innocent. But miscarriages of justice existed before DNA evidence was ever used. Infact many misscarriages are being cleared up because DNA evidence is now available.

Yes, you asked about her. And it appears she has been wrongly convicted based on bad DNA evidence and a gullible jury, which is very relevant to this thread. :loopy:

To where am I supposed to donate my DNA? It is not really the issue. I am certainly willing to be a part of the NDNADB.

Look in the phone book under "police station".

If you go ahead then do make sure that you keep a very good daily diary....

what about people being arrested for photographing things in the streets?

trainspotters / plane spotters have been arrested, your no longer allowed to film the police or army mostly

Traditionally the police have filmed protesters in order to provide evidence to prosecute the lawbreakers.

These days the filming goes both ways. The police are filmed by demonstrators and occasionally are brought to book by the evidence.

See 232........

Tell me more about the founding fathers. In my opinion they were a pretty far sighted group of very learned gentlemen for whom I have much respect. So I am interested in their perspective. Or what you believe their perspective was.

To where am I supposed to donate my DNA? It is not really the issue. I am certainly willing to be a part of the NDNADB.

I don't know where you'd donate. A police station, maybe? I'd have thought your willingness would enable you to find a way. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to post back how you achieved it once you have, for the benefit of everyone else on this thread who thinks its coverage should be universal.

My thinking is that the founding fathers were very keen on the idea of as small a government as possible